Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pictures of my recent toys, Procarparts.com titanium reverse gauges, and a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth adapter. Both are great, gauges look awesome and the Parrot works PERFECTLY. Both are highly recommended.

Excuse the glaring pictures, I had a hard time photographing in the dark garage. These were the best I could come up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
it is a bluetooth device for your cellphone. Like a hands free without having to connect the phone to the device with a wire. You can just leave it in you pocket.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The silver matches well. The red is a tiny bit off, but not enough to bother me, and I'm real anal with that shit. They're nice. Just one thing: There's a switch that changes the greenish color to blue, which actually looks nicer IMO, but there's a high-pitched fluorescent-type buzz when they're on blue. Green, no buzz, so I stick with green.

Also, be careful with the wires behind the control unit for the gauges. When the gauges are on, those wires will shock the shit outta you, don't ask how I know :)

looking god MZ :thumbup: gonna install my silver reverse ones soon....

excuse my ignorance but what exactly is the parrot thing, never heard of it...
[/b]
The parrot syncs with your bluetooth cellphone and allows you to use it handsfree in the car. The unit mutes the stereo when there's an incoming call, shows caller id, allows you to make calls from your phone book or dial direct, basicallly all your phone's functions without ever having to take it out of your pocket.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure.

Parrot

Make sure you get the wiring harness also. You should see the nightmare of wiring this thing comes with.

The gauges I bought off Ebay from procarparts.com, but I can't find any on there right now. They're called Titanium Reverse I think. They were $60 shipped.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Saw the set up last night, looks really sweet, pictures do not do these products justice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just took a look at the Parrott. (jinhao, it allows you to use the speakers in the car for to talk on the phone, like onstar) Wow, the harnesses are expensive! You're looking at several hundred dollars to get hands free, I am not sure there is a ton of value in that for me since I don't drive a ton. But for others it may be very worth it. Is it compatible with the iPod integration kit by RPM do you think?

I came up with nothing on the reverse gauges on eBay. Those really look sharp, I must have.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a link for the gauges straight from the manufacturer: CLICK

They were a tad cheaper from Ebay.

As far as the Parrot install goes, with the harness it's CAKE. Keep in mind I have the non-Bose, so my harness was only $59, where as the Bose harness is $150, which is nuts.

1. Remove head unit

2. Plug large white connector that was in the head unit into the wiring harness

3. Plug the large white connector from the new harness into the head unit.

4. Plug the two connectors from the blue Parrot control box into the matching plugs on the new wiring harness.

5. Find a place to mount the control screen, and plug it into the blue control box

6. Find a place to mount the microphone and plug it into the control box

7. Stash the control box and the other shitload of wiring behind the glove box

That's it!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure. Check the sticky at the top of this section for a good how-to. I had some trouble getting them to line up perfectly, but other than that it's pretty straight forward. Just make sure you know where your gas and temp gauges should be because you'll probably have to adjust them when you're done.

Note: These gauges will not work with the ATX. Also, if your car is equipped with a windshield washer fluid light, which mine is, these gauges do not have one so it'll be covered up.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup, they lay right over the factory ones and the black plastic bezel holds them in place. The key is making sure they are perfectly straight and true before you put the cluster back together. Also, there's a diagnostic test on the gauges you can do that will help you realign the needles if any of them happen to get out of whack.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Note: These gauges will not work with the ATX. Also, if your car is equipped with a windshield washer fluid light, which mine is, these gauges do not have one so it'll be covered up.
[/b]
They work with an atx... I just installed mine. I'm not sure why you thought they were for just for mtx, but you can just leave the middle piece off and your gears and stuff still show (park, reverse, drive, etc....)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts