Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1st post. Have been reading as a guest for awhile because most of my questions have been answered in previous post from over the years. But I have 1 for you. Just upgraded my wheels/tire on my 2004 Mazda 6i. I got a great deal on a set of tires, but I've never heard of them before. Has ANYONE ever heard of Accelera Phi by EP Tyres? :confused: Did a google search myself & could only find limited info.:thumbdn: Hope someone knows more than myself. THX.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think they are Indonesian.

There are lot's of people from Fundamentalist Christians to NORML that are calling for boycotts of Indonesian goods...but you already have them so....

My wife's car has had Indonesian Riken Raptors on for over 45,000 miles. I'd like to tell you how great they are but the factory Goodyear Eagle RS/As sucked SO BAD that I really can't make a fair comparison. The cheapest Chinese POS tires with a stupid name like "Sunnytime Big Bird" probably would have been better than the Goodyears were.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
User reports for car summer tyres Accelera - Phi
sample size is small (14 people) but should give you an idea.....

Where did you get those? Their website doesn't show that they distribute anywhere near the US... I see that it has an e4 mark on the sidewall (somewhere euro).. make sure they also say DOT somewhere...
Oh yeah they have a DOT # on them. I made sure of that. I got them from a customer that I delvrd to in Monroe, GA. When I told him I was in the market for some 225/45 18's, he directed me to these. Cheapies as he called them. He said he can't keep them in stock, they sell so fast. $300 for the set cash & carry. I had NEVER heard of them, plus I didn't delvr them to him. Didn't know where they came from.

I've delvrd to or P/U from Goodyear, Bridgestone, Cooper, Nexen, Hankook, Falken, & Continetal manufactures or tire warehouses. Hell I've even been to Discount Tire Direct.Com's warehouse. And not once had I seen Accelera tire.:confused::confused::eek:fftopic:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yep, Indonesian.

Elang Perdana____Tyres Industry

Again, my personal experience has been good. Different brand but good nonetheless.
I wouldn't have normally bought them with so little research except we really needed new tires and no one had anything in a 205/50R17 except more horrible Eagle RS/As and Rikens.

That alone makes them slightly less suspect than Peoples Republic of China tires. at least to me personally. I'm sure someone out there is very pleased with their dirt cheap "Yellow Sea" or "Sunny" brand tires. My experience with Chinese tires is that they are good for huge smoky burnouts. That's about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts