Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting new tires since my Kuhmo Ecsta 711's have only lasted about 15,000 miles and are now bald. I'm getting tires through a small hole in the wall place near me that is really cheap priced. I can get Wynstar Phaser tires for $61.09 a piece and they're directional and Z rated. Wynstar is made by Michelin.

OR

I can get Nexen tires (not sure which ones), directional and W rated for $57.76 a piece. The Nexen's have a better tread rating than the Wynstars, but I'm also considering looks, but can't really see any beforehand as the place is about 40 miles away and the tires must be ordered. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Did the Kumhos not demonstrate to you that you get what you pay for? You might pay more up front for a quality brand like Toyo, Yokohama, or Bridgestone, but they'll last longer and in the long run are less expensive to run.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the expensive michelins that came on the car only lasted me 33,000 miles and they were about to show the wires when i took them off. These tires are much cheaper than toyos or anything else. My brother has toyos on his civic and he eats them up just as fast as I ate up the Kuhmos.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
well, the expensive michelins that came on the car only lasted me 33,000 miles and they were about to show the wires when i took them off. These tires are much cheaper than toyos or anything else. My brother has toyos on his civic and he eats them up just as fast as I ate up the Kuhmos.
[/b]
So, if the Kumhos were less than half of the price of the Michelins, then you only came out even (cost per mile). As far as your brother...I wonder if that has anything to do with his right foot...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, if the Kumhos were less than half of the price of the Michelins, then you only came out even (cost per mile). As far as your brother...I wonder if that has anything to do with his right foot...
[/b]
not so much his right foot, but rather his hands. Both of us "enjoy" our suspension mods. :yesnod:

Also, I get basically zero road miles as I make VERY few trips and my drive home from college is all mountain roads, so nothing is going to last me very long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
vt_hokie2008
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing