Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Swedish magazine Teknikens Värld they say that the Sport (17") have Pierelli P Zero tires. But on all the pictures and on the cars in the showroom at our dealer it's Bridgestone Potenza!

And - if it now is Potenza - is REAL Potenza tires? I read about them on a tiredealers site, and it seems to be high performance shit that you would put on your Corvette or Porsche...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replying to Topic 'Tires'

OK. That sounds good. Bridgestone sounds cooler then Pirelli :p

The winter tires yes - the dealer said that they could cost so much as 9000 SEK for 16" - it must be on aluminium rims then?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

The winter tires yes - the dealer said that they could cost so much as 9000 SEK for 16" - it must be on aluminium rims then?[/b]
Yes, for that price you get alloys (I picked those...:D )

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

The winter tires yes - the dealer said that they could cost so much as 9000 SEK for 16" - it must be on aluminium rims then?[/b]
Yes, for that price you get alloys (I picked those...:D )[/b][/quote]

Is it those Mazda original 16" alloys?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by junkan

Is it those Mazda original 16" alloys?[/b]
No, I picked an aftermarket alloy that my dealer had in the shop. Better looking, I think. (But on the summer wheels I have the originals...:sarc )

·
Registered
350 Posts

No, I picked an aftermarket alloy that my dealer had in the shop. Better looking, I think. (But on the summer wheels I have the originals...:sarc )[/b]
Do you have a picture?

I have not yet made my mind up.
16" is much for winter rims, I maybe go for 15" do you have experience?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If you bought a 2.3 I'v heard that 15" woun't fit, as the brake discs are 15". So a 2.3 must have at least 16" winter wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by junkan
Do you have a picture?

I have not yet made my mind up.
16" is much for winter rims, I maybe go for 15" do you have experience?[/b]
No, sorry. No pics. Yet...but in a few weeks they are mounted on my new car...and THEN I can have a pic...:D

·
Registered
350 Posts

If you bought a 2.3 I'v heard that 15" woun't fit, as the brake discs are 15". So a 2.3 must have at least 16" winter wheels.[/b]
I don't think it is like that because in sweden Mazda6 2.3 i type approved only with 195/65-15 and 215/45-17, this mean that you can't use 16 inch rims for sommer wheels.

The 2.0 version is of course type approved with 16 inch rims.

This is really silly I think but winter wheels don't have to follow theese rules.

·
Registered
244 Posts

If you bought a 2.3 I'v heard that 15" woun't fit, as the brake discs are 15". So a 2.3 must have at least 16" winter wheels.[/b]
The brake discs are 258 mm front and 223 mm rear, so 15" is greatly overstated. It might be the case that some journalist-techie type had a bit of a confusion drawing distinctions between rims and brake discs and the error slipped into media (I've also heard the 15" joke somewhere). The 6-s brake discs are actually smaller than new Primera's (280/278 mm) and Vectra's (285/278 mm). However that has little effect on braking distance. According to Estonian car magazine's tests the 100-0 km/h braking distances were as follows:
Mazda 6 - 35,7 m
Primera - 35,5 m
Vectra - 35,3 m
6 looses to Vectra by 0,4 meters which has no relevance IRL.

·
Registered
355 Posts

6 looses to Vectra by 0,4 meters which has no relevance IRL.[/b]
Somehow in Finland they got results which made Mazda6 have the shortest braking distance on some magazines...

But come to think of it, it is not necessarily the area of the discs which makes the braking shortest, there is many other things effecting... And since the difference was so small it might be possible to get different results on different patches of the same cars etc...

So you are totally correct, it really doesn't make a difference.

What will be cool is that how well they behave, and especially in bad (winter conditions). 2 more months and test reaults will be out on that.

G

·

I use 2.3l with R17 215/45 on summer and R15 195/65 GY UG500 on winter.
I had no problems with fitting tyres or driving. But I felt a big difference between them. With R17 you feel every little bump, but with R15 only big once. This is logical... :)

·
Registered
355 Posts

Showing off my summer tyres. They are Bridgestone also, so I bet that all tyres from the Mazda factory (Japan) will come with Bridgestone Potenza.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Mazda always deliver their cars with Bridgestones from the Japanese factory. Don't know about USA though.[/b]
Some Mazda models have Yokohamas from the factory. Have'nt seen those on any 6 though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.