Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these pictures on the net, interesting stuff.

·
Registered
900 Posts
That is really bizarre! I could not see it working with real world obstacles without the sidewalls being enclosed, though. Cool stuff none-the-less. They could call them "webial" tires! No, weally!!! :D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i'd seen somthing like this before, its very neat. i like it.

the cost difference doesnt really outweigh the performance advantages, if there even are any.

my only thing is, that they will need to seal the tires off on the sides because if mud or rocks get inside it will throw the balance of the tire off, but thats not a big deal probably.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
We had a post about these a while back, its an interesting technology. I don't know how the ride or handling would compare, but I'd be at least willing to give them a try if they have a sidewall :)

Oh and BTW, spieldawg, your sig a little big, check the TOS for the rules on it and fix it please.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lemme read up on it, wasn;t aware of a TOS. LOL. I just made if a standard size, as i used for all the gaming forums i go in.. :)

Edited: OK, I fixed it :) Sorry about that.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Last year......
Expect to not see this for mass production.... No return money for stockholders.
Just my Opinion... And remember, Opinions are like ass`s.. OH, and Mine is perfect. Just ask :laugh:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I dont know about you guys but i wana see em in dubs..screw that.. dub+6 ":p straight up escalades rollin on these bitches 26inches deep..

And then we will have to make a stick'd thread for these wheels and why not to run them in 20's on your mazda6.. :nana:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not sure I would trust them. I mean i know tires are filled with all air but I like the security of knowing a bird or something won't nest in it...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not sure I would trust them. I mean i know tires are filled with all air but I like the security of knowing a bird or something won't nest in it...
[/b]
A bird nesting in it. That's funny.

Or a squirrel chewing on the edge. Definately need to close the side walls somehow.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
My issue is that for all this run-flat and no-air stuff, there is nothing which replaces the need for a spare.

I see this tire as an attempt to solve problems that don't exist.

·
Registered
79 Posts
lemme read up on it, wasn;t aware of a TOS. LOL. I just made if a standard size, as i used for all the gaming forums i go in.. :)

Edited: OK, I fixed it :) Sorry about that.
[/b]
Not to thread jack or nething, but wut gaming forums do u frequent? I'm "in the market" for something diff. lately. Thanx!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
only nice thing is that you dont have to worry about a flat.
[/b]
Only if there's enough tire left to run on. I've had a tire shred on me, and if I wouldn't have possessed a spare, I would have been stuck 150 miles from home.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
isn't this (or a version) already bieng used in the Honda Oddyssey?

http://www.michelinman.com/difference/inno...system_faq.html
[/b]
No. The PAX system is a conventional pneumatic tire in that it holds air, but uses a very reinforced sidewall to keep it from collapsing if the tire loses air (and a slightly different wheel that keeps the bead from popping off). The tire can be removed from the wheel and replaced when necessary.

The Tweel system (as I understand it) does not hold air and the wheel and "tire" is one complete unit. When it becomes necessary to replace it, you must replace both the wheel and the "tire."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
15 Participants
Tire Guy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing