Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just had new tires installed on my 2018 Mazda6 Signature and thought I would share my first impressions, as I haven't seen any reviews of the Mazda 6 with the Exhilarate tire (newly released this spring) yet

The car has 21k miles on it and I absolutely love it, but it always felt like the Falken tires that came with it don't do it justice. The Falken are not bad at all (comfortable and quiet ride) but not grippy enough for the turbo 6 with its FWD/310 lb.ft torque setup. I kept them for a year but wanted to try something new before the winter.

I was looking for high perfomance A/S tires and almost pulled the trigger on the Michelin A/S3+ but the Goodyear Exhilarate review on tirerack caught my attention and I decided to give those a shot.

The 19" Goodyear tires have 100 miles on them so they are fully not broken in yet, but I really like them so far. They are very grippy in both dry and wet conditions. They are very quiet (same as the Falken, if not better). The steering feel is fantastic. The car feels a lot more responsive and the handling is very natural. The ride is still very comfortable, which is a nice surprise. I was expecting a harsh ride compared to the Falken but that's not the case at all, although I can definitely feel bumps a bit more.
Finally, those tires look pretty good.
IMG_2181.jpeg
IMG_2183.jpg

Overall I am very pleased with those Goodyear tires and I would definitely recommend them. The big unknown is how will those tires perform on snow/ice, which is a concern since I live in the Chicago area. I'll provide an update this winter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cool. Yes, please do - I've had the Michelins on my radar since we get quite a bit of bad snows here as well, so a "High performance, All-season" is high on my list.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Michellin's are smooth and quiet tires with good wet grip but pricey.. The best deal for high performance tires would be firestone indy 500. I like the silica compound Pirelli and Yokohama use on their tires... goes well with Mazda's chassis..

Tires like the PSS and even A/S3 have atrocious tread life. I had 265 width rears on a relatively low powered RWD car. 50% tread gone in less than 1000 miles of spirited summer driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Yes, please do - I've had the Michelins on my radar since we get quite a bit of bad snows here as well, so a "High performance, All-season" is high on my list.
I got a chance to test the Goodyear tires on snow/ice yesterday and in very cold conditions today (8F this morning). My commute is 70% highway/30% city and I-90 was completely covered in snow.
The tires did much better than the Falken tires that I had on the car last winter and the BF Goodrich comp2 A/S that I had on my previous vehicle (2016 Mazda 6). I’d be curious to see how the car performs with good winter tires, but the Goodyear Exhilarate A/S tires felt great on light/moderate snow and ice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts