Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rotated my tires at 36k from the back to the front. Granted they were on the back for about 29k, but both of them have cupping on the inside and they make a horrible noise. I have read that mazdas have this problem due to the "aggressive" set up, which is why they recommend more frequent rotations. Does anyone have this problem? I do not think it is my struts and I do not know if an alignment would help. The car is all stock.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I didnt have severe cupping but the inner edges on my rears were worn quite a bit more than the fronts. For the most part, the OEM Michelins (which lasted about 29,000 to the era bars) wore evenly and inner wear wasn't noticable. I rotate every 5,000 miles.

Knowing that new tires were coming up, my last rotation was around 20,000 so the rears had been on for about 8,000 miles. The front tires were balding but didn't show any unusual wear characteristics.

When I got the new tires (Conti ExtremeContact DWS - EXCELLENT tires BTW), I had an alignment. The rear alignment was WAY out of spec - contributing to the rear wear pattern I'm sure.

The fact that your tires weren't rotated probably exagerrated any wear issues. I'd have your alignment checked, too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts