Registered
680 Posts
Those should look really good

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havent done the wrap yet, FINALLY got a decent set of wheels. Took them 3 tries and on the 3rd time only set a pair instead of 4. All but one had rub marks on the back almost like they were drug across a work bench during inspection rubbing some of the powdercoat or paint off. I chose the best 4 out of 6 and got the tires mounted today. Got caught in a monsoon on the way back and drove around 50 miles in it and all i can say is "HOLY EFFING CRAPOLA" they grip that well. Ive never driven that much in rain on newly mounted tires and i am completely impressed with how they grip, move water and fail to hydroplane. Ive gotten so many compliments on the wheels that i knew i nailed the design and tire size selection as well.

Couple shots from last night near the airport.

And from today, will get nicer shots later after i wash it too :)

235/40-18 fits an 18x8 perfectly with about 2-3mm of tire sticking out to protect the rim

Dont know why the suspension on this takes so long to settle after being unloaded. Going to get coilovers sometime this year.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
After rolling a few feet the suspension resumes it normal height.
In our local forum, someone posted that if you lift an old car in that manner, the suspension will sag all the way, making it "flat" all the way down.

I know I have the wrong term and I can't get the right words but what happens is that, the car will looked like lowered and the ride will be become jumpy or rough.

@TalonTsi90
Those are nice shots. I still can't figure out how to get one like these.
😀

1 - 9 of 9 Posts