Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading threads on here for several months and have gathered a wealth of great information. Thank you all! I particularly appreciated idrives build thread (I'm not allowed to include the link). I would have asked my question there, but I must post here as a newbie so here goes. I would like to know if a 19x8.5 +50 offset wheel with a 255/40/19 tire will have clearance issues on the inside (near strut) especially with the steering wheel turned all the way to one side? I am stock height right now, but I also want to make sure it would not interfere if I put on the Tanabe springs for a 1" drop. Basically, it's the same setup that idrive is running, but 5mm closer on the inside. TIA.

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about the post restrictions - forum owners did it a while ago to combat spammers.

@idrive <-- That'll get his attention :)

Personally, I don't know how that setup will fit on the Tanabes. I always use this site to double check: https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Byakuya. I have looked at that site before. It's good for strut clearance, but I don't know how to determine clearance when the tires are turned all the way in one direction other than trying it. I was hoping idrive could tell me how much clearance he still has with his setup?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts