Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 mazda wagon S.
I just put all new tires on. Size 225/50R17, which was recommended by a local dealership. They all seem to fit well, except the rear passenger side tire is rubbing on the wheel well where the exhaust is. Doesn't do it on driver side. Anything I can do to make it fit better? Also, having trouble finding the full correct rim size so I can purchase aftermarket online. Ordered twice so far and got size wrong both times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the correct size for your car is 215/50R17. Check the label on the driver's B-pillar for the correct size.

·
Super Moderator
17,082 Posts
Well, if it rubs only in one spot and the others dont, then its not the tire thats causing the issue...
Unless someone homebrewed rolled fenders and did a terrible job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would tend to think alignment problems also. Even though you really don't expect it in an independent rear suspension.
With it being on the rear passenger side, the farthest wheel from the driver. It may have been whacked shorting a curb,
or hitting another heavy object or pot hole that you went 'oooh' but didn't think anything more on it. Maybe something was bent,
maybe even a wheel. This is a SWAG, but I would take it to a trusted alignment shop for a four wheel alignment and
see what they say.

·
Super Moderator
17,082 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
that, or suspension bushings are worn and possibly alignment issues as well could do it.
I believe the wheel is a 17x7 and 114.5x5 on lugs.
My aunt's Wagon S recently having the same problem. I suspect it's worn bushing. I'll just finish installing the railings and underover tonneau to my truck project and I'll come over to check it. It was aligned by the local shop which known for some messy job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts