Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I have a set of OZ Antares ..i have them installed on 225/40/18 size tires..but i wanted to go with larger size tires, 235/40/18...does anyone know if this size of a tire will fit on the 6?

thanks guys
elmer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

Hi eduartejr
I have the 6 2.0 with 133hp. Come with wheels(Rims) 205/55 R16
How you do to put 18 with 225/40.
I dont see too much rooms for them. Maybe a 215/45 R17 but 18. I cant see space for them.
Regards
TOMAS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

eduartejr
You have photos of your 6 with the Antares OZ. I am thinking to buy them. The weight is ok? Less weight than the originals (Mazda) ??
Thanks and regards
TOMAS
Where did you buy them?
I am saw them in Tirerack is thera another place to buy online?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

Hey Tomas,
I bought them online from a company in Florida, WHEELMAX.COM, unfortunately they no longer carry OZ's..

Well to answer your question, i bought them last year for my Mazda Millenia.. the size of the tire they said should be 225/40/18...well i traded that car in for my new 6 :D ...then before i installed them i called TIRERACK.COM and asked them if my size rim would fit..they said it would not fit...WRONG!!! It fit just fine and it drives perfectly without any problems...

the wheels that i have weight about 25lbs. you can go to OZWHEELS.COM to get more info on them...and yes i have a pic i took it 2 days ago..i gotta scan it..i wanna see what you guys think of my ride...i think the wheels look SWEET as hell!!!!

Well now i want to upgrade my tires to a size of 235/40/18....i'm PRAYING that they fit..because i find the 225's too narrow..i've seen some BMW's around and that makes me want WIDER tires...

later
Elmer




,QUOTE
Originally posted by SCORPION6


            eduartejr
You have photos of your 6 with the Antares OZ. I am thinking to buy them. The weight is ok? Less weight than the originals (Mazda) ??
Thanks and regards
TOMAS
Where did you buy them?
I am saw them in Tirerack is thera another place to buy online?[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

Hi again eduartejr
The original size of your wheels in your 6 was 205/55 R16 or came with the 17?
Mine come with R16 205/55 but I dont see too much space to put a 225. Maybe a 215/17.
I visited tirerack and I saw the Anatres for Mazda 6 in Size 17 x 7 and 18x8.
Yours is 18x8?
Regards
TOMAS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

Tomas,
My stock tires were 16, but i sold them back to the dealership...i didnt' need them. They're 18x8..and yes my tire size is 225/40/18, but like i said i'm hoping to upgrade to 235's :-d ...and TRUST me they do fit just perfectly no rubbing or any other problems for that matter.

Elmer



QUOTE
Originally posted by SCORPION6


            Hi again eduartejr
The original size of your wheels in your 6 was 205/55 R16 or came with the 17?
Mine come with R16 205/55 but I dont see too much space to put a 225. Maybe a 215/17.
I visited tirerack and I saw the Anatres for Mazda 6 in Size 17 x 7 and 18x8.
Yours is 18x8?
Regards
TOMAS[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

Thank Elmer
I visited too many Web searching the Antares but only I saw in Tirerack.
Other Web offer a Free Shipping but not tirerack.
Regards
TOMAS
You know that the Konig and TSW are good brands? Are heavier or lighter than OZ
Thanks in advanced
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

Tomas,
To be honest with you i have no idea about Konig's wheel weight or TSW's. i just know that my rims are pretty heave when i pick them up 25lb per rim. but they're beautiful...and to me no other rims out there that i've seen can compare to the beauty of OZ Antares :D thats just my personal opinion..but whe i get my pic posted i'll let u know. Hope i answered all your questions.

Elmer




QUOTE
Originally posted by SCORPION6


            Thank Elmer
I visited too many Web searching the Antares but only I saw in Tirerack.
Other Web offer a Free Shipping but not tirerack.
Regards
TOMAS
You know that the Konig and TSW are good brands? Are heavier or lighter than OZ
Thanks in advanced[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

Here are a few sites that i believe offer the OZ wheels:

www.thewheelexchange.com

www.imotorgear.com

they're actually on Ebay as well, if you're interested in bidding.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?M...query=oz+wheels

www.1010tires.com

www.margay.com

www.eautoworks.com

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Elmer




QUOTE
Originally posted by SCORPION6


            Thank Elmer
I visited too many Web searching the Antares but only I saw in Tirerack.
Other Web offer a Free Shipping but not tirerack.
Regards
TOMAS
You know that the Konig and TSW are good brands? Are heavier or lighter than OZ
Thanks in advanced[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

Thanks for your help Elmer.
TOMAS (Panamá)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

eduartejr
What is the offset of your Antares Wheels 18x8?
Regards
TOMAS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

I put 235/40/18's on mine and I had to roll my wheelwells up so the tires wouldn't rub when I hit bumps or turned really hard. They are fine now, but I will still probably get gas adjustable shocks later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

THANK GOD!! Finally someone with tires sized at 235.. :D

Hey shawn i have 225/40/18 wheels...besides the tires rubbing the fender on occassions..are there any other negative effects of going with a tire so wide???

What do you mean when you say u had to "ROLL" my wheelwells?? what's that??


thanks dude
Elmer

QUOTE
Originally posted by Shawn920


            I put 235/40/18's on mine and I had to roll my wheelwells up so the tires wouldn't rub when I hit bumps or turned really hard. They are fine now, but I will still probably get gas adjustable shocks later.[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Reading Topic: Tire size

Well the tires stick to the road like glue which is good. Nothing bad that I have found so far. About rolling the wheelwells up, I took the jack out for the car and raised the car up and stuck a 6" dia. peice of pvc in between the tire and the wheelwell. I lowered the jack just enough to put a little pressure on the pvc and then pried up on the pvc and rolled it over the tire at the same time. It worked great and did not damage the paint at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

:sarc....?? what's a PVC? is the wheelwell where you would put a wheelspacer?? do u mean the middle of the rotor, where there is this "ball"?? do you have any pics shawn?? i'd LOVE to see how these tires look on your ride? have you lowered the car or can you even lower it due to the wider tires??

thanks
Elmer


QUOTE
Originally posted by Shawn920


            Well the tires stick to the road like glue which is good. Nothing bad that I have found so far. About rolling the wheelwells up, I took the jack out for the car and raised the car up and stuck a 6" dia. peice of pvc in between the tire and the wheelwell. I lowered the jack just enough to put a little pressure on the pvc and then pried up on the pvc and rolled it over the tire at the same time. It worked great and did not damage the paint at all.[/b]
:sarc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

Hey Shawn....i saw your mazda6 page...FUCKING SWEET!! if you dont mind me saying..i had a question..

where did you get that cold air intake? how did you get the MAF of the stock, since it's attached to the "air box"...who makes this CAI?? how much is it? can i install it myself?

And most importantly have you noticed any gains in HP or performance since you installed it..damm dude..your car really looks nice..i have the same color: Steel gray with 18' OZ antares...im getting my springs next week from Durateperformance.com and then i wanted to get wider tires..but i dont understand how wider tires will rub on the top of the fender, unless you're referring to the side of fender since they would only be wider not taller in height?? you feel what im saying??

Well i hope you can answer a few of my q's.

thanks dude
Elmer :D



QUOTE
Originally posted by Shawn920


            PVC is plastic tubing sometimes used in plumbing a house or for drainage tile. What I did was roll the rear fender up.No my car is not lowered. There are pics at www.mymazda6s.homestead.com[/b]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Tire size

eduartejr, I have found a good, interactive resource for comparing new tires to stock sizes:

http://www.secret-secret.com/turbo/DIY/tir.../turbotire.html

You can see how much bigger or smaller a tire and wheel combo will be and how your speedometer will be affected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Replying to Topic 'Tire size'

hey Fordman this calculator thing only tells me about my speed..not wether or not 235's will fit fine.

Elmer












QUOTE
Originally posted by 84FordMan


            eduartejr, I have found a good, interactive resource for comparing new tires to stock sizes:

http://www.secret-secret.com/turbo/DIY/tir.../turbotire.html

You can see how much bigger or smaller a tire and wheel combo will be and how your speedometer will be affected.[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Tire size

I am waiting to here from the car toy store where I purchased my stuff from and will let everyone know if they can make a DIY cai kit. The filter is from HKS.The cai was totally custom. As for the tires rubbing, you're right the tires are not taller but wider and when I hit a big bump the wheel comes up and scrapes against the top of the rear fender. Now since I rolled the fenders up the problem is almost gone.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top