Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running 225/45-18 tire size on Stock (oem) rims on their MazdaSpeed6?
I am thinking on replacing my summer-only tires with all season Continental ContiExtreme Contact tires with a slightly wider size.

Thank you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
lots of people run that size on rx8 rims... They should work fine on oem.

This should be in the newbie section or in the wheels/tires section.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
rx8 are 18x8, vice our pizza cutter 18x7. if you go with 225 it's probably a good idea to increase tire pressure.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've got the 225-45/18 snows on now and no real problems. The tires are noticeably less grippy than the summers, though...

·
Registered
875 Posts
I also have 225/45/18 on my stock rims, blizzaks.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I've got 225/45/18 Cooper Zeon all seasons on there. They are a little less grippy, like Dr. Bob said, but that's to be expected when going from soft summer tires to hard winter tires. I think the next tires to go on the stockers will be 225/35/18 if I don't get different wheels.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've got 225/45/18 Cooper Zeon all seasons on there. They are a little less grippy, like Dr. Bob said, but that's to be expected when going from soft summer tires to hard winter tires. I think the next tires to go on the stockers will be 225/35/18 if I don't get different wheels.
[/b]
I believe you need more sidewall height to go with that width on a 7 inch wheel. Remember seeing something in my searches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts