Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the 2018 GT for 2 years with ~20k miles. However, the vibration and noise are pretty huge especially on a freeway. I am not sure whether this is an issue for all mazda 6s or just my car. If the former, I am considering swapping the OEM falken tires with some better tires. Do you think this could fix the problem?

If so, do you think a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ or Primacy Tour A/S or Bridgestone - POTENZA RE980AS good options (all sold by costco)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I were to choose among the options you provided, I would opt for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+. It is a great all-season tires, and as you know Michelin is a reputable brand. Many of my friends tell me this tire provides remarkable traction on both wet and dry roads. It can also withstand light snow, so you don't need to replace your tires in the winter season.

It will be better if you look at stores like 4wheelonline for a better discount. Most of the car accessories I have were bought online.

·
Super Moderator
17,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure about the OEM Falkens, but I know the OEM Dunlops on the earlier models were garbage, so it wouldn't surprise me. I've been running Falkens for years with minimal issues/complaints, but I also enjoy a bit of road noise.

Michelin gets excellent reviews and I don't hear anyone complaining about them if you can afford them. I run Bridgestone for my winter wheels and love them, and I've heard good things about the Potenzas.

Something to note: with the current Covid stuff still going strong, and you're not commuting much like many of us, it may not be worth getting the more expensive ones. Tires don't just degrade over miles, they degrade over time (and even faster if you're in the north where temps change frequently/drastically). Tires, even if they're just sitting around, will degrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure about the OEM Falkens, but I know the OEM Dunlops on the earlier models were garbage, so it wouldn't surprise me. I've been running Falkens for years with minimal issues/complaints, but I also enjoy a bit of road noise.

Michelin gets excellent reviews and I don't hear anyone complaining about them if you can afford them. I run Bridgestone for my winter wheels and love them, and I've heard good things about the Potenzas.

Something to note: with the current Covid stuff still going strong, and you're not commuting much like many of us, it may not be worth getting the more expensive ones. Tires don't just degrade over miles, they degrade over time (and even faster if you're in the north where temps change frequently/drastically). Tires, even if they're just sitting around, will degrade.
Thanks for the reply! One of the major questions is, if I chose the 3+ option, will it be noisier compared to my current tires? I am ok with a bit noise, but my partner always complained about the car being too noise...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I were to choose among the options you provided, I would opt for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+. It is a great all-season tires, and as you know Michelin is a reputable brand. Many of my friends tell me this tire provides remarkable traction on both wet and dry roads. It can also withstand light snow, so you don't need to replace your tires in the winter season.

It will be better if you look at stores like 4wheelonline for a better discount. Most of the car accessories I have were bought online.
Thanks for the reply! Do you think the Pilot Sport 3+ will be noisier compared to my Falken OEM tire (which I think should be FalkenZiex ZE001 A/S: Review & Rating - Tire Reviews and More or something very similar)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Do you think the Pilot Sport 3+ will be noisier compared to my Falken OEM tire (which I think should be FalkenZiex ZE001 A/S: Review & Rating - Tire Reviews and More or something very similar)?
I won't be able to answer your question but I find a similar query on another forum that may give you an idea with regards to the road noise that the Pilot produces. You can check out Google as well for further information regarding this tire mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I won't be able to answer your question but I find a similar query on another forum that may give you an idea with regards to the road noise that the Pilot produces. You can check out Google as well for further information regarding this tire mode.

These are Pilot Sport 3 tires instead of 3+? I guess there could be a difference with a plus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts