Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Tire jack?

I was looking at photos of the car. When I saw the trunk I did not see them. Where are they located?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

At least in the europe version, the jack "lever" (the pice you screw with) is placed in the plastic "container" thats mounted between the floor and the tire. There you also have the tow "bar" that you screw into a hole in the front of the car when you have to tow the car. The jack itself is in the floor of the right storage compartment - you first open the main floor, then open the side panel, and THEN remove the little floor pice - it's "jammed" between the main floor and the side compartment lid. There it is.

In our car there was a safty triangle in the right rear storange compartment as well - there are straps for it there. In that compart there are also straps for a first aid "pillow".

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Tire jack?'

Originally posted by Kristoff

uh, yeah...don't all cars?[/b]
Not the new MINI, run flat tires. Don't know where they would put the spare if there was one. They would have to mount it SUV style. :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Yeah the RX-8 idea is neat. It has a compressor and some flat-fix goo instead of the tire :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I would think you aussis got a "real" tire because of the long distances you have between cities ect. I think there is a limit on how far you can (should) drive with the "fake" spare...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Tire jack?'

Originally posted by Blackbird

I would think you aussis got a "real" tire because of the long distances you have between cities ect. I think there is a limit on how far you can (should) drive with the "fake" spare...[/b]
You could be right, not only do we have full size, its also on an alloy. We still have lots of cars over here with space savers. My wifes Honda HRV has a half size spare.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The eqiupment level always comes down to the market pricing in the end. To obtain a compatible price on all markets, they have to adapt the equipment lever accordingly.

In Sweden we have the mini spare, no self-dimming rearview mirror just to mention a couple of examples, while in the US you don't have a few other things that we have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts