Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy new tires for my 2003 Mazda 6s. Forgive my ignorance but I really need some "I know nothing about buying tires help". When I go to the shop I don't want them to see a girl and think they can rip me off. I live in the Orlando, FL area so ice is not an issue. I do not drive aggressively but do like to take a quick corner now and then. The car is lowered about an 1-1.5 inches. 215/50/R17. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks - M

·
Registered
915 Posts
You may want to go into a shop and see what they have localy, or i would recomend going to tirerack.com, and then get them mounted localy. but yea, go to the show or call and ask what they have, you might concider going up to a 225 width as well. Get some diffrent options and prices and compare to online, read reviews, or post up your options here! think your main goal sounds like good wet/dry mix for the FL sun and afternoon showers, so look for something good in a wet/dry summer tire.

Shoots, girls are good at shopping for new shoes!

Good luck,
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have actually been to tirerack and some other sites. I was looking at the KUMHO ECSTA ASX, Yokohama Avid V4s, Fuzion ZRi and Falken ZE 512 ZIEX Any big diference in handling and noise?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've had the Fusion zri's and think that they are a good tire for the money. They handle pretty good and are not noisy, but I have switched to the Toyo's and love them more! :love:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts