Mazda 6 Forums banner

tips ON

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  randyz 
#1 ·
:drive:
Sounds GREAT... I have recorded the sound with our Digital camera. Yet I forgot the access to our web page at this time(it is 4.9meg in QT format).
I will attach the pics We took though..
The sound with these tips removed the " gurgle " and the pops from the exhaust. It also brought the tone down in Freq and noise.

Next Set.. :drive:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks great. So you removed the metal ring around the tips and just replaced the tips with these?

How much were the tips? Installation?
[/b]
The rings are in the garage with all the NISMO racing gear.
:huh: . I really need to have a garage sale :sarc:

The Tips are ST45 Stainless Double Wall Resonator @ $46.95 ea.
The install with extra hangers to balance the mid pipe and hi-temp paint(black to match chasis) on the extensions to the tips was $45.00

#5 ·
looks sweet! have you noticed them banging around when you hit a bump or pothole[/b]
NONE.. the exhaust is 100% stable. An extra hanger is at the center of the rear suspension cross support.
This is quality work with quality tips for a Quality car. :D
and what is the link so we can find these tips? also, WE NEED that sound clip, lol.
[/b]
In my OLD post for Dr. GAS... look in this Forum... :p ;)

looks sweet! have you noticed them banging around when you hit a bump or pothole[/b]
NONE.. the exhaust is 100% stable. An extra hanger is at the center of the rear suspension cross support.
This is quality work with quality tips for a Quality car. :D
and what is the link so we can find these tips? also, WE NEED that sound clip, lol.
[/b]
In my OLD post for Dr. GAS... look in this Forum... :p ;)

Attachments

#6 ·
it looks like what I want. I love it. =) But I am not sure how this affect the sound? isn't you just change the tip?

#11 ·
:drive:
Sounds GREAT... I have recorded the sound with our Digital camera. Yet I forgot the access to our web page at this time(it is 4.9meg in QT format).
I will attach the pics We took though..
The sound with these tips removed the " gurgle " and the pops from the exhaust. It also brought the tone down in Freq and noise.
Next Set.. :drive:
[/b]
Those tips look really nice :love: How much work have u done on the exhaust system? looks like u have removed the mufflers and replaced them with 2" pipe with a flare on the ends to get over the stock pipes. Have u removed the 2nd cat as well? Notice much in the performance/noise?

#13 ·
it looks like what I want. I love it. =) But I am not sure how this affect the sound? isn't you just change the tip?
[/b]
I removed the mufflers and added these resonator tips. There is NO slowdown in the exhaust flow with these tips, just raspy, popping, sputtering removed.

I sure would like to hear it, maybe in person too.... :)

I've got plenty of bandwith to host it for a few days.
Shoot me a PM if you need a host.
[/b]
I will shoot you a PM if I go numb on our site access :yesnod:
I want to record with the Digi VIDcam instead of the Digi Camera this time. Better quality and stereo as it is meant to do it. Where, as you know, the best Digi Cam is still a camera 1st.

#14 ·
Those tips look really nice :love: How much work have u done on the exhaust system? looks like u have removed the mufflers and replaced them with 2" pipe with a flare on the ends to get over the stock pipes. Have u removed the 2nd cat as well? Notice much in the performance/noise?
[/b]
The piping is 6.35cm cap and formed 5.71cm ( which is what you see in the bend) and then the TIPS.
The 2nd CAT is still in place. It is a HIGH FLOW Design as it is. And I saw no need to remove it.
As for the performance, I will Dyno Run it again in awhile. When I get time to run down there. I like numbers. It is better than my numb bum. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.