Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used Duragloss Total Performance Polish and Duragloss "adhesion promoter" (don't remember the name) with Duragloss Spray Wax along with Mothers clay bar on the wife's CX-5 and the car was so slick, the decal for her back glass would not stick. I also used Mothers glass polish with the polishing pad from a 3M headlight restoration kit and my drill and it did wonders on the glass. My car will be next as soon as I get time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That all sounds good, but driving your car around will put dust and grit right back on your paint. I used to do that for simplicity but I soon learned the error in my ways. It only takes a few minutes to dry wheels and tires. You would be better off to use an air compressor or a yard blower to dry them opposed to driving around. Also, you didn't mention a clay bar...you should really try it. I know you like Meguiars but Mothers has a better clay bar and quick detailer.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a California Duster water blade (all silicone) and it works great. I just keep spraying the car as I wash then just before drying, I remove the nozzle and kink the hose a little to limit flow and splashing and this helps form larger water beads that run off so drying is usually a snap...so using the blade is usually reserved to the roof and hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.