Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I were talkin the other day about driving in the sun. I was griping about how her MPV came with tint, but my 6 didn't, and how I was actually getting slight burns on my right side (facing west) during my drives home. Told her I wish I could get tinting done because they're MUCH better quality than they used to be and could save me some burns.

She's paranoid as hell about skin cancer (being a fair-skinned redhead will do that to ya), and said, "I think you should look into the tinting."

WOOT!

Hey...firestonemazda...where in CO are ya?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sup Stealth?

He is in Lafayette which is not too far from where I am. I stopped by his shop last week to take a look and chat! Very nice fellow and he had his 6 there so we chatted awhile. First time I met somebody on this board. I am looking to do my tint next week. What % tint are you considering?
You should come down next week and we can all meet!

- 2poor4MS6

So the wife and I were talkin the other day about driving in the sun. I was griping about how her MPV came with tint, but my 6 didn't, and how I was actually getting slight burns on my right side (facing west) during my drives home. Told her I wish I could get tinting done because they're MUCH better quality than they used to be and could save me some burns.

She's paranoid as hell about skin cancer (being a fair-skinned redhead will do that to ya), and said, "I think you should look into the tinting."

WOOT!

Hey...firestonemazda...where in CO are ya?
[/b]

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap, you guys are in Lafeyette? North of Denver, right? I work in Aurora...

I'll have to get with the wifey to budget in the dinero for tinting, but let me know what firestone quotes you on price, so I know how much to put aside.

As far as meeting, because of where I live I'd have to plan that out sometime in the future...probably a Saturday, since I work those days and could just grab the I up there....

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
arent you in debt?

what happened to slow modding? guess that didnt last long. your best bet to stay out of trouble is to just leave the boards because being on here makes mods too enticing.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. Yes, we're in debt. That's why I have to budget it in -- ie. save the money to pay in cash. Put aside $20 or $30 a month until I have enough.

Either way, it will NOT go on the card.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
save the frickin money, and pay off your card.

you dont need tint, its not a necessity, buy some cheap sunglasses, hell those would probably be polarized.

if i was the one helping you get out of debt and you said you were going to tint your car, i'd probably stop helping you.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, with the need for an ATX fluid change and flush (MUCH more important) and since my wife's MPV will need tires probably this summer or fall (also MUCH more important) it may not happen anyway, but it's nice to get her to go along.

We're down from $24K or so of credit card debt to about $6-7K at this point, and I won't do anything to build that back up or to delay paying it off. I think the wife's plan is to pay that down to $3000 or so, and pay the rest off with tax returns next year.

So fear not--pacticality and safety will probably outweigh the desire to tint. You're probably right anyway...save the tint for after we get paid off...make that the reward for doing it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
that 3k by next year will be sky high

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not by her plan. She's paying more than the required payments (like hundreds more) and we're putting nothing more on it. Should work out OK, barring emergencies. That's what could get us -- if something breaks or someone dies.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Deep respect to you Stealth.
I've had my issues with credit card debt in the past [not that high] and it can sneak up on you before you know it.

I paid it all off by not using them and pay as much as I could, well over the minimum. Cutting back on other things.

Keep up the good work!!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not me, really. Other than giving up my Best Buy Card (boo hoo....), it's all my wife's hard work and planning.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YOU DID WHAT.................................shame on you :tear:
[/b]
LoL. Yeah, but she didn't have to give up her Kohls card!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
WOOT!

[/b]
ok, not picking on anyone, just the next post i saw with it on here..
what the hell does WOOT mean... all i can imagine is someone pumping there fist like arsineo hall used to do... really starting to piss me off if it's something sumb like this...

i know it's off topic.. just curious...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL. Few people remember Arsenio. He disappeared like a donut at a police station.

My 16 year old daughter says WOOT all the time. Must be rubbing off on me.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Deep respect for you man most people keep putting whats importat aside and never get out of money trouble. Keep doin what your doin and you will be out of debt no time and you will have the money to start modding. What works for me is I will buy a 100$ part and it will keep me content for a while and then I will buy another part. Keeps me happy and it lets me save up money and treat myslef.

O ya sorry to go off topic like this but my vote is wait for tint the sun cant be that bad but look at it on the bright side you save yourself from going to the beach

·
Registered
526 Posts
stealth.....best quality we have would run ya $150..mazda6club discount....retail $210..
We also work Saturdays, so, whenever you're ready, gimme a pm..

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's it? $150? I was thinking twice that.

Well, as I said above, gotta do the ATX flush and tires for the MPV first. Once those are handled AND the wife says the debt is sufficiently reduced, I'll drop you a PM. I can trust her to make the call on that, since she's done such a superb job so far. Might be closer to Christmas....maybe my Christmas present....hmmmmm....

·
Registered
230 Posts
20% all around baby :excl:

[attachmentid=11828]

...........sorry. But yeah I would agree with some previous 6'ers (despite the burns) that the tint is mostly for the aesthetic value. Little mods, little by little will leave you with little worry and a little time before you're outta debt baby!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
14 Participants
Stealth01
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing