Mazda 6 Forums banner

Tinting Headlights

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Justins6s 
#1 ·
Hey guys and Gals,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to tint there head lights like thia guy on Mazda6Tech did. I was thinking of doind it, but as I was reading, it looked a lot more complicated then I thought. Has anyone tried this.

This is the link to the how to.

http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...8&Itemid=49

Please let me know if I should try or if I am crazy. Also, if I am crazy, is there an easier way to get this kind of look.

#4 ·
well if your gonna open up the headlights might as well put halos and remove the orange piece out at the same time.

i want to do it too, but i'll wait. and instead of black im thinking a shade of grey. i think black/silver has too much of a contrast in the front but the black taillights look good though. and the stock chrome headlights are too plain but matches my silver nicely.

yeah the oem ones are just so expensive. look in salvage yards you might get lucky.

#12 ·
i want to do it too, but i'll wait. and instead of black im thinking a shade of grey. i think black/silver has too much of a contrast in the front but the black taillights look good though. and the stock chrome headlights are too plain but matches my silver nicely.
[/b]
Both Dave and mine turned out grey using black paint, while he added multiple coats and clear coat, I just did a high temp flat black one light coat (Some of the "chrome sparkles" still showed through giving it a smoke/grey chrome sparkle up close, looked very cool). With the lenses back on and back on the body, it matched the steel grey body perfectly, from a distance you couldn't tell there were headlights there.

#17 ·

Glacier Silver 6 with homemade black housings using dave's write up on Mazda6Tech.

I used a couple very light layers of black high heat paint. I had bought extra housings that sat on the car while i completed the project. Stuck them in the oven like dave said and it came apart like butter. Be sure to clean the clear plastic with something that won't leave streaks before you reassemble.

#22 ·
I just did this mod last weekend it turned out hella good!!! The only problem I had was that it said to bake your headlights in the oven. The problem was my headlight was too big, so to solve it I used a heat gun and a razorblade to seperat the lense from the housing. Turned out just fine. :yesnod: :spin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.