Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
That is fucking HOTTT!!! I can't understand why you would even have to think twice about it!! HOT HOT HOT
[/b]
take it from the hottie. if she says it's hot, it really is.

yours is real clean looking. mine is just black paint. plus, mine is on a white car, so it stands out a little more than yours. but no need to worry, it's the shit! trust me, it will grow on you. ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
it depends how far away your spraying, i sprayed from a foot and a half ish.
[/b]
wow, that's far, so basically 1/3 went to the lense and 2/3 to the surroundings :nana: that explains the two bottles and my one bottle. still though, thanks for the write up, without it i wouldn't have done my tinting.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
did you have any runs in it when you were finished? some close-up pics would be sweet.
[/b]
sad to say, but yes. :tear: went a little crazy on the clear at first and got a run, i tried fixing it the best i could but you can still see it if you pay attention. and i always see it since i know where it's at!!! :swearin:
also, a little piece of dirt landed on the right inner lense, which you can also see if you look closely :swearin: you can't really tell from the pic though. it was windy the day i did this too. i swear EVERYTIME i started to shake the can to apply another coat of something the wind started to blow, i was freaking pissing me off!

^^ :tear: :tear:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
it looks like they need some more wetsanding to me :)

more clearcoat and wetsanding can fix any imperfections in the clearcoat.
[/b]
yeah, a bit more wet sanding wouldn't hurt. I'll probably apply more clear later and wet sand. How about some close ups of yours? Any runs, or little things you noticed?

btw, this pic was taken before any final sanding

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
here are some , its the best i can do really, but you should be able to see.

for some reason they look grainy, must be the reflection in the clouds...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
[/b]
i take it you didn't get any runs, or is it that you don't want to show :p they look just as good closer up, i'll clear coat and wet sand mine again in a couple of days, i'm just not up for another round of that!

·
Registered
140 Posts
From the side view, the tail lights look like they don't have any bulge so thumbs up for that.
I was thinking to get tail light covers from ebay, but this looks like a better alternative.

·
Registered
905 Posts
well, i think they look good that dark. I would consider trading with you if the craftsmanship is good. i'm in orange county all the time. =)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
arch4life,

do you have non-bulge tails?
And if I want to just go completely black, should I just use any specific type of spraypaint or stick with the VHT?

[/b]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
someone mentioned above that they painted theirs, if you want to go that route, i would pm them.

if SLVR04M6 got his that dark with one can, you could do the same probably. apparently it matters if you spray it close. or perhaps as the directions indicate, unlike me at like 16 inches.

and no, ive got the NA buldge tails. they sure look purdy tho . :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
arch4life,

And if I want to just go completely black, should I just use any specific type of spraypaint or stick with the VHT?
[/b]
go with VHT, it's a tint, not a black paint, just don't tint as dark as me, if you do it all black you need light to come out. i was gonna do this as well, but cops would be on my ass and i want to avoid that, just so you know.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
go with VHT, it's a tint, not a black paint, just don't tint as dark as me, if you do it all black you need light to come out. i was gonna do this as well, but cops would be on my ass and i want to avoid that, just so you know.
[/b]

i believe he meant while retaining the cutouts, unless your talking about the side reflector thingy,

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
well, i think they look good that dark. I would consider trading with you if the craftsmanship is good. i'm in orange county all the time. =)
[/b]
well i did get a run, posted a pic earlier about this and a particle in the clear coat. but we'll see, they're growing on me and with the black rims i want to get (thanx to arch4life for the chop he did, my jaw just dropped!!) my 6 will look SICK!

arch4life,

[/b]
well if you just want black with the cut outs, then you can just use some sort of black paint, pololance6i did this to his white 6, ask him exactly what he used, hope this helps

no runs, like i said, patience, patience, patience....
oh, and more patience.
[/b]
simply the best advice for this project, can't stress it enough!

From the side view, the tail lights look like they don't have any bulge so thumbs up for that.
I was thinking to get tail light covers from ebay, but this looks like a better alternative.
[/b]
i'm assuming that by tail light covers you mean something like rockblocker, not to dis those that have this or something similar, but painting/tinting them is the better route IMO.

k, here's a chop with the rims i want (thanx again to arch4life) i haven't seen these on a 6 so i call dibs for being first :D These are gonna look FREAKING SICK!!!!!!!!! had to use caps

you happy arch4life?!?!?!?!?! lol :nana:

now i'm definitely loving my tails :love:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts