Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the nerve to tint my tails using the How-To by arch4life. Anyway....not only was it a PITA, i'm not even sure how i feel about the finished result. I think the tint came out a bit too dark, so it's a good thing i didn't do the spoiler light. I don't have bulbs on the side markers, i just tinted them because i was tired of the orange look, didn't go with my yellow day lights in the front. What do you all think??? I like it yet i don't at the same time :unsure:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, bro. that shit looks hott! what did you use to tint it with?
[/b]
VHT Nite Shades, check out the how-to by arch4life. I guess i just need to get used to it, i just finished it today. I've even thought about trading in order to get the originals back. :p

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i saw the how-to a while back but i went a different route cause i didn't want any light in or out. i just used paint on mine.
[/b]
damn, see, i just checked out your cardomain page and i like it on yours, why can't i like it on mine :swearin:

looking at how dark it come out for me i should have gone with the black paint and saved some more money :D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
yeah, but you have the hang of it now. and from what i have read it doesn't seem like the headlights will be as difficult as the tails.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
HOLY SHIT how much tint did you use!!! OH MY GOD.

i used 2 cans and mine are this dark.....

yours just looks like black paint.

couldnt you tell how dark they were getting? ( if you didnt want it that dark, and all)

but looking at your pics, i love how dark they are, i think it looks like sex.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I agree, damn...those would look great on my Onyx! Wanna trade back to stock lights? :D
I think it came out really well and the contrast on the car looks nice. Any hints or tips you want to give to anyone who wants to follow the directions?

Did you do the part with the sanding and blue magic? That sounds like the most tricky part.

Great job! I think it looks great!

I agree. Now the next step is paint your car black and you're set! :D
[/b]

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree. Now the next step is paint your car black and you're set! :D
[/b]
hey dawei213, i'm sorry you had to get stuck with black and couldn't get silver! :nana:

HOLY SHIT how much tint did you use!!! OH MY GOD.
i used 2 cans and mine are this dark.....
yours just looks like black paint.
couldnt you tell how dark they were getting? ( if you didnt want it that dark, and all)
but looking at your pics, i love how dark they are, i think it looks like sex.
[/b]
two cans!!!! what freaking size?! i used a little over 1 can (7oz each can) and i got black! :laugh:

i was doing the "tinting" (if we're still calling it that) in the shade also, i just went by what your post said, something about 9-10 passes on each lense. I didn't even get to 9, i stopped at 7 and was 'OMFG this is black!!!!'

i did 9-10 passes of tint spray per lens using about 3 light sprays from 16'' away. (the stuff smells pretty bad, stunk up my whole house pretty good, so do it in a well ventilated area.) again, be patient, you wont run out, i did all 3 plus the spoiler light with some left over.

this is how they looked.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree, damn...those would look great on my Onyx! Wanna trade back to stock lights? :D
I think it came out really well and the contrast on the car looks nice. Any hints or tips you want to give to anyone who wants to follow the directions?

Did you do the part with the sanding and blue magic? That sounds like the most tricky part.

Great job! I think it looks great!
[/b]
Hey, if after a week i still can't make up my mind about the look i'll hit you up for a trade :D

Tip, well, for starters if you don't want black stop at like 4 coats, cuz i don't know what arch4life is talking about 9-10 passes :nana: But i did do everything else his way, so he must be doing something right. Did the sanding with the 1500 and then 2000 grit paper; while keeping the lense wet at all times. The blue magic stuff is great, though not instant, you really.....really.....really have to rub it in, then buff it to make it look shinny. The directions on the back of the bottle suggests using their metal polishing blue magic for a superior shine. Another thing i would suggest is doing it in two days; even though it could be done in one.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
17 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing