Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on ebay the other day and I came across tinted headlight films for the 6, but now I cant find it anymore. I was wondering if anyone knows where they are sold?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it says about 83% of light is let out with the smoked film? Will i even notice a difference? because i think smoked will look the best on a black car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
it says about 83% of light is let out with the smoked film? Will i even notice a difference? because i think smoked will look the best on a black car.
[/b]
i bought for the headlights , and the ones with cutouts for the back. The ones on the headlight i had to take them off next day! couldnt see a thing. An i have HID's , integrated fogs , and high beams on! and nothing! not worth it !! totally waste of money! i threw them next day!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
83% is the amount of light blocked, not let out.

I Will say it again, since you obviously don't listen to me the first time, YOU CANNOT DO SMOKED ON HEADLIGHTS!

Azmz6 and I were the first 2 people with the rockblocker film, we know what we are talking about.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
83% is the amount of light blocked, not let out.

I Will say it again, since you obviously don't listen to me the first time, YOU CANNOT DO SMOKED ON HEADLIGHTS!

Azmz6 and I were the first 2 people with the rockblocker film, we know what we are talking about.
[/b]
Woah you guys were the first?

Can I have you autograph?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Strtfghtr, no sarcasm needed. I am trying to get someone to not waste $50 on something that will ruin their vision and is possibly unsafe. I stated something, then was questioned, so I am restating it with more authority. If you don't think what I am saying is correct, you are free to question it, otherwise no need to post a useless comment like that

/rant

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Strtfghtr, no sarcasm needed. I am trying to get someone to not waste $50 on something that will ruin their vision and is possibly unsafe. I stated something, then was questioned, so I am restating it with more authority. If you don't think what I am saying is correct, you are free to question it, otherwise no need to post a useless comment like that

/rant
[/b]
I'm just busting your stones a little bit :p
I just didnt see the corelation between you being the first to buy them and knowing the most about them.

The website is a little confusing as it says:
"Smoke-Out Kits allow 83% light output- Dark Smoke Kits allow 70% light output"

The way I read that is that 83% of the light is allowed out.

However I definetly agree with you dabears...your headlights should not be smoked out it's just dangerous

·
Registered
748 Posts
if you want to try something else rather than the film, and want blue, i saw this today (from another post) and i actually like the way it looks. it's not on a black car, but it's dark enough to get an idea that it will look good on black as well. I'm actually contemplating on doing the same, just a different color. also, i'm assuming you're going for looks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was just about to buy the rockblocker blue for the headlights... but does that site seriously say its $50 just for this piece of plastic to go over my headlights? Dear god, nevermind.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Remember that it is very thick and covers your lights from rock chips. It is not some paper thin piece of plastic. If your headlight cracks while having rockblocker on there, rockblocker will replace your headlights.

Seeing as a single headlight is over $300 from the dealer, $50 is a pretty good deal. :)

I have them on my headlights, foglights, sidemarkers, and taillights and am nothing but happy. A few people I know have already had their foglights broken by rocks on 06 mazda 6's and I've had mine for 6 months without any problems at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing