Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty pysched about them, what do you think?

Yeah, behind the 6 is my '64 Chevy II, that's my other baby. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looks awesome. Get some chrome dipped bulbs for the turn signals now.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
^^ ditto. check autolumination.com for full-chrome covered or chrome-tipped bulbs that light up amber. that'll take out that egg-yolk out of the turn signal bezel. see below (shameless self promotion:))

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ ditto. check autolumination.com for full-chrome covered or chrome-tipped bulbs that light up amber. that'll take out that egg-yolk out of the turn signal bezel. see below (shameless self promotion:))

[/b]

Looks good, I'll definatley be looking in to that!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also take that "Eaulkner" sticker off the back, I'm assuming it's a dealership sticker.

You de-badged, but didn't remove that???

Tails look awesome.
[/b]

:( Yeah I know about the dealer sticker, how would I get a 3 1/2 year sticker off of it?? Any suggetions, like goo gone? I just don't want to kill the paint, so I just left it on there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you suggest, Full Chrome or Half Chrome?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Full chrom-we only can use here the bulbs from the BMW 645-they are full chrome and have a nice bright yellow.
For the sticker-wait for a hot day or use a fan (hope you know what i mean).Dont be afraid for the the paint job-use paint remover or alcohol for the rest of thr glue.Either for 3M stuff.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Full chrom-we only can use here the bulbs from the BMW 645-they are full chrome and have a nice bright yellow.
For the sticker-wait for a hot day or use a fan (hope you know what i mean).Dont be afraid for the the paint job-use paint remover or alcohol for the rest of thr glue.Either for 3M stuff.
[/b]
Yup, know what you mean. I got the 3M glue dissolvent, thought since they know their adhesives, they should know how to remove it. And on autolumination.com they have half dipped chrome ones for the 6. Only $5. And it says the half dipped ones would be brighter than full dipped.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i like the tails they look hot

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yup, know what you mean. I got the 3M glue dissolvent, thought since they know their adhesives, they should know how to remove it. And on autolumination.com they have half dipped chrome ones for the 6. Only $5. And it says the half dipped ones would be brighter than full dipped.
[/b]
What is the size of the bulb # or size for the turn signal?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the size of the bulb # or size for the turn signal?
[/b]
Here check this thread out link It's on the electrical page pinned.

·
Registered
116 Posts
[/b]
Nice price.I payed 26€ for the bulbs (BMW).If you use half chrom bulbs maybe a yellow/orange shade will be shown in the reflector.Thats the main reason why we change here the bulbs.

Left BMW looks yellow but´s full chorm-right orginal bulb
BTW-BMW give here 1 year guarantee for the bulbs :yesnod: You may ask for the price in USA-would be good to know.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice price.I payed 26€ for the bulbs (BMW).If you use half chrom bulbs maybe a yellow/orange shade will be shown in the reflector.Thats the main reason why we change here the bulbs.

Left BMW looks yellow but´s full chorm-right orginal bulb
BTW-BMW give here 1 year guarantee for the bulbs :yesnod: You may ask for the price in USA-would be good to know.
[/b]
Thanks for the tip and the pictures. I bought the half tipped ones just to experiment, I mean for $5 what the hell can I lose. If I still get the egg yolk effect on my reflector, then I'll just buy the full dipped ones. Again on autoilumination they are only $4 US for full dipped ones. Worse comes to worse I'll just buy them. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
slipperychef
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing