·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Reading Topic: Tint Laws

Yeah PA is screwy. The govenor says it's has to be 70% and higher while NOWHERE in the state statue or law says anything about 70% or higher. It only states that only sunscreening "which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle" is prohibited.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts

Cool! As of right now, I drive a steel grey 6 with about 70% tint. All i did was drive around in this crappy weather! well at least it'll clear up now.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts

You forgot about one thing. If you have a prescription, or know someone who can write one for you. ;)

F = Any
B = Any
R = Any

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey I know someone who can write me one!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts

I had one for a few years. I'm considering having a new one written for me, because I already had to remove the 5% tint on my front windows due to an obnoxious cop. If you know someone who can write one, have them type up a convincing letter on their medical letterhead. You're highly "photosensitive" and you've been under their care for the past 4+ years. ;)

·
Registered
3,161 Posts

PA is pretty anal about the tinting around here.

Guess what I saw today? A police cruiser with tint. Not only that, you CANNOT see into the car at all. It's completely blacked out. :wtf

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Tint Laws'

I'm getting mine done at Tint World this weekend. Good to see FL is not too anal about tint.:)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Originally posted by dawei213

Guess what I saw  today? A police cruiser with tint. Not only that, you CANNOT see into the car at all. It's completely blacked out. :wtf
...and I'm sure there's some bullshit excuse for it too.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Originally posted by NoUse4Aname

Yet they allow 8% in the rear window? That would certainly prevent you from seeing inside.
The don't care about the rear window as much. They want to see the driver when they walk up to the vehicle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I see police cruisers all the time with DARK tint! Very DARK!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts

Originally posted by MazdaManM6

Originally posted by dawei213

Guess what I saw today? A police cruiser with tint. Not only that, you CANNOT see into the car at all. It's completely blacked out. :wtf
...and I'm sure there's some bullshit excuse for it too.
A very good excuse, actually. There's very little argument against it, as much as I wish there was...

Tint laws are in place in order to protect police officers and, in turn, the general public. Officers need to be able to see inside a vehicle that they have stopped or are approaching by foot. Otherwise, drivers or passengers of the vehicle could easily arm themselves with weapons, etc., of which the police have no advance warning. Of course, the tint laws don't apply to police vehicles, because the laws have been enacted specifically for the protection of the people who drive those vehicles. A police vehicle with tinted windows poses little potential threat to an officer of the law.

If there weren't so many shitty people out there, we'd all be able to go as dark as we'd like, without a prescription.

·
Registered
117 Posts

I'm getting mine done at Tint World this weekend.  Good to see FL is not too anal about tint.:)
I got my one and only window tint ticket in Florida in about 1999-2000(?) It was the same week that they started the new window tint laws. I got stopped less than 10 miles from the Georgia border. I had two layers of 35% tint on my front windows. I dont know what that works out to(?%), but all the state trooper did was hold my license behind the tint and was like, "That tint is too dark" and wrote me a $55 ticket for it. It's really funny that I drove that car for 3-1/2 years here in Indiana and never had a problem, and Florida's tint laws are way easier. WTF?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Originally posted by Carrie

I'm getting mine done at Tint World this weekend.  Good to see FL is not too anal about tint.:)
I got my one and only window tint ticket in Florida in about 1999-2000(?) It was the same week that they started the new window tint laws. I got stopped less than 10 miles from the Georgia border. I had two layers of 35% tint on my front windows. I dont know what that works out to(?%), but all the state trooper did was hold my license behind the tint and was like, "That tint is too dark" and wrote me a $55 ticket for it. It's really funny that I drove that car for 3-1/2 years here in Indiana and never had a problem, and Florida's tint laws are way easier. WTF?
You were just unlucky to be pulled over by a dumb cop. Here in South Florida tint laws don't seem to be enforced very much at all since there are so many cars with 5% tint on all windows. I did 15% on all 5 windows and it looks amazing!!!.

·
Registered
605 Posts

Originally posted by JettaJet

You forgot about one thing.  If you have a prescription, or know someone who can write one for you. ;)

F = Any
B = Any
R = Any
What kind of prescription are you talking about. My dad has cataracts so would he be able to get a prescription for it?

Also, I heard that insurance can deny a claim based on illegal tint, is that true?

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
About this Discussion
182 Replies
130 Participants
pballer225
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing