Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mazda owners ,
I own a 2017.5 Mazda 6 GT that has tinted windows from the day of my purchase . I bet it’s the factory tint. I would like to what VLT does it come with and how much tint I can add to top of it to get 32% to stay legal.
My other question is when I got my car to the tint dealer , he was like I need to remove my tint before I can put a new one so I am genuinely confused if it’s after market or factory tinted one .
Please help !!!

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,683 Posts
No. No factory tint on any 6 sold in the US.

The SUVs have them because they're just that, SUVs. Different class of vehicle.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
287 Posts
Yeah I did confirm that that it had tint but I wonder why did the dealer tinted the windows before sale !
but anyways it’s a winner for me
Because that's just another way for them to add another nickel and another dime to their markup. I despise tinted windows with a passion, particularly if they are aftermarket films. These films will eventually all wear out and then you have a hard time seeing through your windows. The rear screen is the worst because the defrost element is there and is very delicate. Incorrect tint removal and the defroster element will get messed up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mazda owners ,
I own a 2017.5 Mazda 6 GT that has tinted windows from the day of my purchase . I bet it’s the factory tint. I would like to what VLT does it come with and how much tint I can add to top of it to get 32% to stay legal.
My other question is when I got my car to the tint dealer , he was like I need to remove my tint before I can put a new one so I am genuinely confused if it’s after market or factory tinted one .
Please help !!!
Because that's just another way for them to add another nickel and another dime to their markup. I despise tinted windows with a passion, particularly if they are aftermarket films. These films will eventually all wear out and then you have a hard time seeing through your windows. The rear screen is the worst because the defrost element is there and is very delicate. Incorrect tint removal and the defroster element will get messed up.
yeah I think I am going to stay as it is now. I was planning to upgrade my tints to xpel xr black ceramic tint removing the aftermarket one but like you mentioned , I don’t want to mess up the rear ones with the defroster element

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I think I am going to stay as it is now. I was planning to upgrade my tints to xpel xr black ceramic tint removing the aftermarket one but like you mentioned , I don’t want to mess up the rear ones with the defroster element
Besides these tints were still good for 5 years and counting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts