Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
all mazdas have chains. reference your manual, but i believe the replacement increment is really high, like in excess of 100k.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
all mazdas have chains. reference your manual, but i believe the replacement increment is really high, like in excess of 100k.
[/b]
All NEWER Mazdas do.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
03-05 use chains for sure, tho im not certain on the 06's

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Wierd when I went into the dealership saying my timing belt was making noise they said it wasnt a belt but hey maybe they are dumber than they appear.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
do what have chains or belts?
[/b]
Well I quoted the guy that said "all Mazdas have chains" and then said "all NEWER Mazdas do," so a little bit of logic and a dash of calculus and I was saying that all newer Mazdas have chains. :nana:

·
Registered
402 Posts
^^ lol!

I know for sure that mazda 6 has chain instead of a belt! (Another reason for me to love this car!)... I'm not too certain about other models...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mazda3, 6, 5, CX7 and other next mazdas uses chains.
I can look at tech info to say for sure.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Chain, and for good reason. My friends '03 Camry broke the timing belt. Lucky for him, its a non-interference engine. No worries about the chain, they'll let you know long before they need replacement.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Well I quoted the guy that said "all Mazdas have chains" and then said "all NEWER Mazdas do," so a little bit of logic and a dash of calculus and I was saying that all newer Mazdas have chains. :nana:
[/b]
not all mazdas... exclude the eight.. ;)

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I downloaded the maintenance schedule, it says to INSPECT the timing chain at 60k miles, no replacement. So it has to be a chain.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: This is getting good!...nahhh Just kidding with you guys......Ya...I'm not even sure.... :nana:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts