Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

The manual shows that there is a button next to the interior lighting lumination button .. I don't have that. I have GTV6.. I checked the spec sheet and I don't see this as an option or anything.

Is this an option for cars purchased in the states only?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think it's the manual leveling switch for cars equipped with HID headlights.

·
Registered
863 Posts
HIDs are High Intensity Discharge headlights incase you didnt know. its those headlights with the really crisp, pure white/blueish colored light.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I checked the spec sheet and seems like it comes with the following in Canada:

Sedan: Not Available
Sport Hatchback - GTi4 and GTv6
Sport Wagon - Only with the Performance Package

·
Registered
405 Posts
if you want a laugh, read on:

when i got my 6 last december, i ASSumed that things like the headlight tilt switch would be in its default position... So when i noticed my HIDS were very low, i brought them in to get adjusted. 3 days later, i was back, to get them adjusted again. Another 3 days later, same thing - i tell them i want a new headlight unit - 2 weeks later, i get it... and 3 days after that, i notice, the lights are still pointing low.

So i rant n rave on the forums... someone suggests 'did u check the level the lights are at? you can adjust them in the car'. I thought 'why would they have been set wrong when i got the car'... so, i proceed to do what i should have done in the first place (RTFM)... low & behold... the setting was on 3 when it should have been on zero.

I dont know what is more sad - that i didnt double check the manual / light switch in the first place ---- or the fact that my service department didnt even know the new 6's have that option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
TRiPLE 6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing