Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have a 2007 Mazda 6 wagon with 9,000 miles on it (V6).

At very low rpm and light load like sitting on an incline in traffic when I just touch the accelerator I get a tick tick tick noise, it is not an engine knock noise. It does not do this in park only in drive under light load, as I continue to depress the gas pedal it goes away very quickly?

any suggestion or have any service advisories been put out about this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hello all,

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have a 2007 Mazda 6 wagon with 9,000 miles on it (V6).

At very low rpm and light load like sitting on an incline in traffic when I just touch the accelerator I get a tick tick tick noise, it is not an engine knock noise. It does not do this in park only in drive under light load, as I continue to depress the gas pedal it goes away very quickly?

any suggestion or have any service advisories been put out about this?

Thanks.[/b]
It's the purge valve solenoid. Right around 1000-1200 RPM right? I just took mine in gave them the TSB for it, and they ordered the parts. It's very common, and is really not causing any issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the purge valve solenoid. Right around 1000-1200 RPM right? I just took mine in gave them the TSB for it, and they ordered the parts. It's very common, and is really not causing any issues.[/b]
Thanks, thats is exactly it.

Would you happen to have a link to the TSB?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I can confirm this as well. Just had the same issue and after purge solenoid replacement the sound is gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts