Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i noticed this the first day that i picked my car up from the dealer, and sounds as if its getting louder. My engine is not quiet by no means like a new car should be. When its running at idle is the best time to hear it. It sounds like something is wrong with my valvetrain or something. It a ticking noice that doesnt sound healthy. The car now has 4,800 miles on it and it never want away but seems like its getting louder. Should i be worried about this and have them check it out. I just added the cp-e mafci and magnaflows, and am afriad something is going to break if i get on it hard. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my comp is all messed up i try to search and it says error..... its been doing that forever i think i need a new computer. I should have mentioned that my search abilities are zero.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i read those posts and am now starting to get worried about my car. I really want to get it in to have it checked out. Whats the easiest way to take off the cp-e mafci after it being sodered ? ANy help whould be get. Im just going to have it looked at before it gets worse. Maybe ill get a new engine if my is bad!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm not sure if you read this in any of the posts...but the MAf-cai will make this ticking appear to sound louder. This could be why it appears to be getting louder. When you remove the airbox and so on, there is less to muffle the sound of the ticking.

My car has been ticking since the day I bought it and I have never had any problems. I have 25k on it right now.

Keep an eye on the oil and turn up the radio.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Your engine should be fine the v6's tick normally. As long as you keep an eye on your fluid levels you should be fine. I am not sure about the intake amplifying the ticking sound by i suppose its possible...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahhh i really couldnt hear much of a ticking in that clip. Well this morning when i started my car to go to work, my wife said she could hear the ticking while she was in bed, i live on 3rd floor and parking lot is basically right out the window, window was open. Every new car i have ever heard you cant tell if its running. Obviously unless its like a mustang or something, but mine is very loud!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i dont hear it when inside my car, but when i lift the hood thats all you hear. I just bought a really nice camera maybe ill get a clip of it tomorrow. I just need to learn how to post it online!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i dont know how that can be possible but when in the car i just hear my exhaust drone, or what ever you call it. So i really dont hear the engine. Also the parking lot is right outside the window, i mean i can spit on my car from our window!

·
Registered
456 Posts
does it sound like a diesel engine? if so then you have major problems, if the tick gets louder even when you rev and it sounds like a ford f350 super duty then your bearings are shot, i should know had my engine replaced twice for it, and both times made the same noise, if not and its just a normal tick of the valve train or the injectors then your in the clear i would say, i have a little tick now but its all in tip top shape..so far

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont think that it is anything major, if it eventually breaks then ill just take it in under warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had my 6 Wagon in for the same ticking turned out it was the exaust header leaking. All I can say it is way quiet now. I also looked at the CX 7 pretty nice not sure its worth $30000+

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah i want to drop off the car to have them look at it but im afriad they will give me problems because i just installed the cp-e mafci and the magnaflow exhaust!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
06Mazda6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing