Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 MS6 and I recently changed the rear rotors, pads, and calipers because of a rubbing sound. I now have after two week a sound that is heard when I slow down. it is a thump thump thump that slows as the car slows. This is only on the drivers side rear. I used same parts on the passenger side but no noise. Its sounding like a high spot on the rotor, but after three rotors and two sets of pads I can't figure it out. There is no excess heat and there is nothing getting on the rotor. Please help me with ideas. Again, all parts are new and from diff parts stores. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
403 Posts
QUOTE (EricY219 @ Feb 2 2010, 06:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634341
I have a 2006 MS6 and I recently changed the rear rotors, pads, and calipers because of a rubbing sound. I now have after two week a sound that is heard when I slow down. it is a thump thump thump that slows as the car slows. This is only on the drivers side rear. I used same parts on the passenger side but no noise. Its sounding like a high spot on the rotor, but after three rotors and two sets of pads I can't figure it out. There is no excess heat and there is nothing getting on the rotor. Please help me with ideas. Again, all parts are new and from diff parts stores. Thanks in advance.[/b]
Sounds like it could be the hub assembly itself, might be bent, id pull the wheel off and spin the disk by hand. should be able to see something.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Check to make sure you tightend down all the bolts as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (QuickSilver6 @ Feb 3 2010, 12:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634389
Sounds like it could be the hub assembly itself, might be bent, id pull the wheel off and spin the disk by hand. should be able to see something.[/b]
Only thing is it did not do this until after changing the brakes. The bearing seems to be tight. Another thing it seems like it is more pronounced the hotter it gets. I am at a loss. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts