Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running any one of these pedal boosters (basically what they do)? I've looked around and found 3 (so far) and wanted to see if anyone is using them. Haven't seen hardly any bad reviews for the first 2 controllers, but the Injen product is new to the market.

Pedal Commander PC41 Bluetooth $250.64 + $9.54 shipping
Sprint Booster Power Converter V3 $231.99 w/ free shipping
Injen X-Pedal PRO Black Edition Throttle Controller $204.95 w/ free shipping

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOL....BWhahahahahahahahahaha. Ok, now that thats out, you apparently havent done any searching here, cause you can get one for WELL under $100. Im running one in my 3 and @WoodinvilleDan got one from me for his sons earlier 3. Its very well worth the "trouble" of buying off Alibaba and especially with a manual, really perks the car up. I cant comment on an auto, cause i dont own one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I guess I didn't look hard enough (ain't got to laugh at me though....j/k lol). To be honest, I didn't even look into this or have any idea of it until now. To many things going on, but that's life. Anyways.....thanks for the info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOL....BWhahahahahahahahahaha. Ok, now that thats out, you apparently havent done any searching here, cause you can get one for WELL under $100. Im running one in my 3 and @WoodinvilleDan got one from me for his sons earlier 3. Its very well worth the "trouble" of buying off Alibaba and especially with a manual, really perks the car up. I cant comment on an auto, cause i dont own one.
Did you guys get that 9-drive one from AliExpress?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is an interesting question. How's the quality on those Chinese products?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
175 Posts
I can see arguments either way, if you really want better warranty/support/piece of mind and don't mind spending an extra $100 for it then go ahead and get 'name brand' (Pedal Commander, Sprint Booster, Roar Pedal). Or get the off-brand for less...

It's a relatively simple little machine that is modulating the signal transmitted to the ECU from the pedal, not too worried about cheap electronics here, IMO.

We have a cheap Chinese one on my son's car and it has been great (though now that he's tuned he only uses it on the lowest setting since the tune mildly modulated the throttle signalling).

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would use a made in America product.
Electronic throttle cheap chineese soldering and electronics.......no thanks.
I drive with the must important people in the world.........my wife and son.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I would use a made in America product.
Electronic throttle cheap chineese soldering and electronics.......no thanks.
I dive with the must important people in the world.........my wife and son.
None of them are made in the USA, and if it fails, it simply defaults to normal driving. Even if it doesnt default, it takes less than 5 mins to eliminate it, less if you have nimble fingers. So theres no point in being snobby or self righteous.

·
Registered
168 Posts
None of them are made in the USA, and if it fails, it simply defaults to normal driving. Even if it doesnt default, it takes less than 5 mins to eliminate it, less if you have nimble fingers. So theres no point in being snobby or self righteous.
Ah yes....the know it all.
You KNOW for a fact that a voltage spike in your cheap throttle controller wont result in uncontrolled acceleration.....you KNOW this. Such gifted powers you must possess. Us mere mortals are graced with your presence here, thank you.
All I said was, I dont want to take THAT chance with my family.
If that's snobby or self righteous then so be it.

I would rather have a domestic product...in the event that something did happen. You can have a company to talk to.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Insinuate away then.......
That's my opinion on the matter.
Do as you wish.......its your car.......please aim for the ditch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts