Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got to thinking and was curious. I know that if I pull off the line and put my foot to the floor I will see the max boost of 15.6lbs. However, what happens when I am not doing this? Part throttle conditions. I know its possible if your light enough with your foot to not go into boost but at part throttle does it make partial boost? Any dependency to throttle position or just as it relates to load on the motor?

·
Registered
28 Posts
So at part throttle even if there was a load on the engine I would on see partial boost?
[/b]
I'm pretty sure you don't. If I'm at say third gear at 4000 but only lightly and gently depressing the pedal, I don't see any boost at all. If I gun it then the boost will spike to around 18 and drop off just as quickly if I release the pedal.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If you are being controlled by MBC then yes, you'll get boost + boost spike at part throttle, that's called part throttle boost issues. With PTB you also get fuel cut which scares the hell out of the wife and kids.
:)
EBC's control it better but the ECU is the best at making sure you don't have it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I posted this way back in the day. This SHOULD help answer some of your questions.

Throttle position + RPM = How much boost your at.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If I am in 3rd at 3000-4000 rpms and 1/3 to 1/2 throttle i seen steady 4-7 PSI regularly, say cliombing a hill or something... partial boost is common.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I like that chart - great info. to the original poster, get a boost gauge - you see partial boost all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts