Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got my 6 last Friday!

Anybody has feeled some lag in the throttle response?
It feel like there is a small delay (0.25 to 0.5 sec) over the throttle.
Getting off the pedal and engine still hoover there for a little while...

Also, getting the right RPM for launching is a bit puzzling.. not enough, not enough oups, too much!..

Is this some form of anti-smog strategy?

Anybody know if it can be corrected?

Thanks!

M6 V6 manual Yellow since last friday...:love

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Throttle lag...'

I too have the V6 5sp, yes, we do have a electronic type of throttle and I notice a slight hesitation at first start off, but not bad enough to bother me. This car does take some getting used to for coordinated launches without some bucking head snapping action. Don't know what it is about this car, but it is sensitive to a dead start balancing the clutch and throttle for a smooth start off.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Reading Topic: Throttle lag...

I also noticed the throttle lag. It throws me off a little when I'm starting from a stop. I guess it just takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by pulsar
Don't know what it is about this car, but it is sensitive to a dead start balancing the clutch and throttle for a smooth start off.[/b]
I'll echo those sentiments.

I also find that (and maybe its me) when I shift, the RPMS race up a little, like I didn't take my foot off the gas completely. I supposed this could be me though.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Yes, I think it's the VVTI thing..it only happen in the high rev.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Yah, mine does this too, but i find it much easier to catch the next gear than it was in my old Probe GT. I think it kind of works as almost an advantage.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Are you talking about the throttle lag or the revs not dropping during shifting?

Anyway, this morning I definitely took my foot completely off the gas before each shift and noticed that the revs do not drop fast enough. This could signify either a heavy flywheel or an ETC that's not programmed the best it can. You want revs to drop quickly so you can shift quickly, less work on the syncros.

·
Registered
652 Posts

I think they are related. In other words, the ETC sucks. And you're right about the syncros. Perhaps that explains why the 2-3 shift is hard at high revs?

Should we make petitions for people to sign regarding some of these issues and submit them to Mazda en mass? Just an idea.

·
Registered
110 Posts

I have a 6s auto and with traction control on or off, in manual or auto I cannot even break the front tires loose. There is a HUGE delay in power delivery. I am all for submitting a petition to Mazda about this issue! The worst part is I have to listen to my wife say that her Olds Alero felt much faster WTF????????

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by GreenNuggs

I also find that (and maybe its me) when I shift, the RPMS race up a little, like I didn't take my foot off the gas completely.  I supposed this could be me though.[/b]
I noticed that too, but it seems I've adjusted with letting back on the gas because I don't seem to be doing it anymore. The car is quick but it definitely has some driving style quirks that you have to work with. Must be hard for someone who switches cars on a regular basis.

·
Registered
269 Posts

I was just about to post a new thread about this same thing! I have noticed the same problem. Not only does it not react right away when pressing on the accelerator, but it also keeps revving slightly after you release it to upshitf causing the revs to climb as the clutch is pushed in. It is especially hard to match revs with the throttle when downshifting during performance driving. I hope we can get Mazda to fix this or perhaps one of the 3rd party ECU "flashes" that are coming will fix this. In my opinion this issue keeps the car from feeling truely an extension of the driver. It feels like you press the gas and wait for the car to catch up. I don't like it... At first I thought that the car just had a really heavy flywheel, but then I realized that the car does rev reasonably fast so it must be the "Drive by wire throttle".

I'll sign a pettition if we start one.

Jon

·
Registered
389 Posts

Originally posted by Slushbox

I have a 6s auto and with traction control on or off, in manual or auto I cannot even break the front tires loose.  There is a HUGE delay in power delivery.  I am all for submitting a petition to Mazda about this issue!  The worst part is I have to listen to my wife say that her Olds Alero felt much faster WTF????????[/b]
I'm feeling the delay in power a bit too....but its not spoiling my driving expeirience. I have the auto and i can break the front tires loose in fully automatic mode. Just floor it at a traffic light and see what happens. Turn the traction control off before u do it though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts