Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any performance throttle body's out there? i mean compared to optimizing one, mine has 125k miles on it =DD, any new ones out there to purchase any recommendations?

-Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any input on it? they claim 15 % air flow increase. If it accurate it would be a substantial mod for performance. any1 have it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome thx NY, always helpful, i really dont know why its so expensive compared to the new model one 3.7 L i would imagine more expensive, probably due to popularity? heh

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you have some time on your hands. You can do the job in a few hours...its not to bad.

I have a overbored version AA Markings purchased from TW about two years ago with a larger throttle body plate and a new version with AB markings from Mazda last week that I partially optimized.

I am actually impressed with the new version as far as stable idle goes in the heat. It also cost $323.00 from Mazda Parts.

p.s. I used CRC on the older version and rest the battery. It still hunts for idle in the summer. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Guys I am new here, was looking for a 'how to" on throttle body replacement for mazda 6s. Are there any on this site in particular. I would appreciate any feedback on this!

·
Registered
368 Posts
So what makes this a great mod? What are the improvements?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Guys I am new here, was looking for a 'how to" on throttle body replacement for mazda 6s. Are there any on this site in particular. I would appreciate any feedback on this!
It's pretty easy. You just move out the intake tube from the throttle body. Unplug the electrical connection (be careful its been known to be fragile). Using a needle nose plier, disconnect the two coolant hoses if you haven't done the coolant bypass mod (do it if you haven't). Unbolt the four bolts holding the TB together, and installation is the reverse process.

So what makes this a great mod? What are the improvements?

I've got this mod on my 6 and I agree with everyone here, it's a great mod. It gives much better throttle response but as for gains, I think it's a +5hp gain. Not %100 sure though. Much more airflow than the crappy TB our 6's came with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts