Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if its just my car, or me and my friends are just retarded... but...

last year I saw on the mazda6tech.com forums... something about the throttle body having lag... maybe its not the throttle body itself... maybe the computer... I have the v6 2004 sedan Automatic tranny by the way...

Anyways, the forum said that there is a "bottle neck" affect going on... making the electrons go in and out slower... meaning slower response time... computer tells the throttle what to do... but it doesnt react fast enough... on the manual trannies it does... computer doesnt play as big a role as it does on auto trannies...

basically... to get rid of it.. you gotta help the electrons get out and in faster... to get from the computer.. to the throttle...

solution... GROUND IT!!! help those extra electrons get out of there faster... its like having a chocolate cake convention with a bunch of fat guys like me at it.... but we all rush through a small door... goodluck... lol...

I did the mod, and made my friends drive the car... they all asked if i got a new transmission or something... i said no... they said it reacts faster... voila... therefore that proves that it did do something... its not in my mind... because my friends didnt know i did the mod at all... and they noticed... :D

now.. HOW TO DO IT!! AND THE TOOLS NEEDED!!!!

Tools

8 to 12 gage wire.. preferrably 8 gage...
2 wire clips
Wire crimper to expose the copper in the wires that you attatch clips to...
(optional) Paint... to paint the wire to whatever color you want, or just get the wire in the color you want..

HOW-TO

1) get about a foot of wire
2) strip the ends of the wire to expose the copper
3) attatch wire clips to the ends... make sure they are tight on.. use pliers to "vice" squeeze them on tight
4) clip one end to the throttle body... any bolts on the throttle body will do
5) clip other end to the negative battery terminal bolt
6) Start engine, and GUN IT!!! guaranteed you will peel out... so becareful... you just unleashed your v6's potential.

Hope that helps... remember its for AUTOMATICs only... manual wont do anything.. not sure if its just for v6.. maybe i4 works too... try it... costs u less than 5 bucks to do this... so who cares

·
Registered
682 Posts
This has been debated heavily, so I won't get into it too much.

The electrons don't move any faster, anywhere at anytime. They move at the speed of light (essentially), which is a constant.

I can talk until I am blue in the face about throttle body grounding, and that there is no electrical reason why wiring the TB housing to the negatvie terminal of the battery will do anything.

But, if it makes you happy, and it "feels" better, then more power to you.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i think this makes the 3rd post on TB lag this week, great info, but we'll just hold this one where it's at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.