Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Rally Racer
2,815 Posts
Well I'll tell 'ya what -- if I have a reason to stuff a boroscope down my intake, or if I remove it (and thus makes it easy) for some reason I'll let you know what I find.

I've got 200k miles on my "6".
This is exactly what I was thinking.
I got a boroscope from my wife for Christmas this last year. It is amazing what you can get for the dollar these days, well could before the "trade-war"... and the 'rona virus...

·
Super Moderator
17,439 Posts
Well I'll tell 'ya what -- if I have a reason to stuff a boroscope down my intake, or if I remove it (and thus makes it easy) for some reason I'll let you know what I find.

I've got 200k miles on my "6".
What he said. Not touching any of this until I have a reason to. 7 years and 180k miles and no reason yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had 'shuddering' at low speed/low revs in 2015 2.2TD. Thanks to this site, and youtube, I have fixed this problem with a $15 can of Throttle body cleaner. Sprayed in short bursts into Throttle body with engine running... problem solved. And I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Throttle body before all this!! Not the CRC brand, but another.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Give the crc stuff a try next time.
Or look for something with PEA in it.

It should be part of the regular maintenance on a direct injected engine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is anyone with the 2.5l direct-injection normally-aspirated engine actually having any issues related to carbon buildup on the intake valves?

I recall even back in 2013 Mazda was saying they had figured out that they could run the engine in such a way that the intake valves would stay at a particular temperature that would keep the buildup from forming. I didn't really believe that in 2013 and still don't now, but I have not heard of any significant issues either. With only 50k miles on my 2015, I haven't really had any maintenance issues at all. Maybe others with more miles might have insight?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I've got over 200k on my "6" and I've done exactly nothing like that with it.

No reason to. And my fuel economy has been remarkably consistent. If there was an operational problem that hit efficiency in any way it would show up there.

It hasn't.

·
Registered
122 Posts
More of a gradual decrease in performance that you dont really notice in a daily driver.
I CRC both of our DI cars every 10k.
Dont want the build up to get crazy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got over 200k on my "6" and I've done exactly nothing like that with it.

No reason to. And my fuel economy has been remarkably consistent. If there was an operational problem that hit efficiency in any way it would show up there.

It hasn't.
Great feedback, thanks. Yeah, if you read about what issues the early direct injection cars had (Audis and VWs in particular) then there are distinct things that happen that you would have seen by know.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts