Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today and yet again my car did the whole 2000 rpm hic-up thing. This has to be the third time this has happen. Also, I keep getting the same codes from the check engine light system; P2100 and P2112. This is ridicules, what do I have to do to fix this problem.

P2100 - Throttle Actuator valve stuck close

P2112 - TAC system stuck closed

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2003 Mazda 6S

I just had the car do the whole studdering thing again today. Damn, is it a bad sensor in the throttle body. I have an AA Throttle body so I'm wondering if I have enough proof to get my car fixed by Mazda for free or at least a low price.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
If it is out of warranty good luck on getting it fixed free or cheap.Hell i have been battling mine doing it with no codes and still under warranty.Im buying a new one and boring it out before i install it.The new one for me is $175

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a collection of codes stored in my code reader and that service bulletin for fixing the defective throttle bodies. I hope that would be enough to argue with. I wonder if I could take the car somewhere else besides the dealer to have the throttle body replaced.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
The TB bypass mod has nothing to do with it,mine has had the problem since before I did that mod.And so have alot of others.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
You just keep telling yourself that... LOL
[/b]

I sure will,when did you get ASE certification for diagnostics??..........LOL :popcorn:

the TSB#01-016/06 for the throttle bodies with engineering number#VP3M4U-91-928-AA or AB or BA

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sure will,when did you get ASE certification for diagnostics??..........LOL :popcorn:

the TSB#01-016/06 for the throttle bodies with engineering number#VP3M4U-91-928-AA or AB or BA
[/b]
The TB ending code is AA.
No, I did not do the throttle body coolant bypass, because it wouldn't have made any noticeable difference in performance. Maybe 100 extra HP, but not 8HP.

Anyways, it's obvious my Throttle Actuator sensor is either dirty or faulty. So I have the choice to either try to fix it myself or have it replaced. Either way its gonna suck fixing my car. I'm just thinking how piss I would be if I replace the throttle body and it turns out that it wasn't the main problem, especially since my car is out of warranty.

If anybody has had the same problem please reply how you resolved. Or just post an opinion, any input is always good input.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

[/b]

I am not sure what an ASE cert would be good for... As all mazda techs are ase certified and everyone talks bad about them here...

I havnt heard of anyone saying they have had this issue. I have heard peps say they had a bad TB tho.

Is it actually getting stuck? That would be the first thing to check. You might try taken the TB off and cleaning it and oiling up the butterfly.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I am not sure what an ASE cert would be good for... As all mazda techs are ase certified and everyone talks bad about them here...

I havnt heard of anyone saying they have had this issue. I have heard peps say they had a bad TB tho.

Is it actually getting stuck? That would be the first thing to check. You might try taken the TB off and cleaning it and oiling up the butterfly.
[/b]

Not all mazda techs are ase certified,they should be mazda certified though,but you are the expert in all auotmotive engineering.

AEZicker,if you need help with this,you might try 84fordman.He had alot of expierience with the TB's and a few mechanics are on here as well.There are a few threads in mazda6tech about the TB and show a TB taken apart.If you don't get it perfect putting it back together,it will never run right.If you want a new one,pm me and I can help you.I have one sitting on the shelf.Good luck with it.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Guy posts 300+ posts in lounge.He is obviously a mechanic and works on his own car.....LOL.
Was trying to help a fellow 6club member with his car.And i do work for mazda,thanks for your knowledge on the subject of TB's.

Probably some guy who joins forums to make friends and doesn't even have a 6......... :laugh:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I was trying to help him too. With out attacking anyone else. And I do not work for mazda, but I have taken a few TB's apart. And I have been a member of this board much longer than you if that is your measure of how much a person knows about a mazda.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
You just keep telling yourself that... LOL
[/b]

this is where you took it personal and offensive,The bypass mod has nothing to do with the TB having problems.The problem has not gotten enough complaints or has reached the status of needing a recall.Mazda has acknowledged there is a problem with them and released a technical service bulletin,do a search and you would know that.
Since there is a problem with them,that is why the dealership i work for keeps 2 in inventory and I offered to help another club member out at selling him 1 at 10% over dealer cost since he is out of warranty and Mazda will not cover it.
So before you get on a high and mighty I have been on the board longer you,you should really look at the whole picture instead of making some assumption that I'm from Kansas and just trying to sell my TB.
No i haven't been on the forum that long,but I do tend to help other members and have contributed technical knowledge to this community.Do a search on my posts,and you may learn something if you can get out of the lounge.

Thanks for playing who can be the bigger jerk with me,
Dave

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Hmmmmmmm,cause i own the company and i made the product right?????He is out of warranty and all vehicles have faults and failures.I was trying to help someone out and sell him the part that would fix his car at a better price than any other dealership would.
But looking at the big picture,fullmetal6 you act like you are a big help in this situation and high and mighty,how about you purchase the TB for him.

It is obvious that you want to play the who has last word on this matter,go ahead.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts