Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is asked a lot but before i go buy the 250 dollar part I'm making sure it'll work for my CEL. Installed my CAI yesterday and today after about 80 miles with it I threw a CEL. will buying the maf fix help?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
HOLY GOD!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :rant:

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I'm sorry but this is his 3rd post about the EXACT SAME QUESTION. And I have already CLEARLY answered his question 2 times, in addition to corresponding via PM's with EXACTLY what he wanted to know.

Newbie is one thing, but being completely and utterly oblivious is another thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
He wanted a third opinion. Point is, the rule is no flaming newbies. Please refer to our Terms of Service on questioning decisions by mods/admins.

·
Registered
578 Posts
He wanted a third opinion. Point is, the rule is no flaming newbies. Please refer to our Terms of Service on questioning decisions by mods/admins.
[/b]
Is one who posts in the newbie section still considered a newbie when that individual has over 300 posts? Not trying to pour gas on the fire, just curious....

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
When posting in the Newbie Section, you are free and clear of lames, 300 posts or 3 posts.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dabears- you have not talked about this with me via pm stop the lie's they just show how immature you are.

second, i don't want to spend 250 on a part and not have it work. i've had a long tiring weekend and i honestly am just too tired to think.

third, post count means shit. go to any audio, pc, or othe forum and you'll see people with 1000+ posts that don't know a thing about stuff. i've said it before and i'll say it again, anything electrical or audio i can do with my eyes closed. engine stuff is still new to me as i never modded my other cars.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
dabears- you have not talked about this with me via pm stop the lie's they just show how immature you are.

second, i don't want to spend 250 on a part and not have it work. i've had a long tiring weekend and i honestly am just too tired to think.

third, post count means shit. go to any audio, pc, or othe forum and you'll see people with 1000+ posts that don't know a thing about stuff. i've said it before and i'll say it again, anything electrical or audio i can do with my eyes closed. engine stuff is still new to me as i never modded my other cars.
[/b]
Hmm, why is it then that I have a few PMs from you in my inbox??

You might have had a long weekend (as did I) and you might not have wanted to think, but the answer is posted VERY CLEARLY in your last thread. I took a lot of time in the last thread to clearly explain it for you (and everyone else) and you choose to simply disregard.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 have 1 pm from you and that is about the springs.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You can do 3 things to fix the CEL- Take off the intake (what kind is it anyway?), get the CPE thing, or get a scanner. I got a K&N intake for $125 and a scanner for $150. The scanner is great to have anyway, CEL comes on you know what the problem is and either erase it or fix it. That's my recommendation.

Man, dabears got freakin' owned by davecoyne up there!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
friend has a scanner so i'm not worried on that end ;). cpe fix is just a good thing to have i think and it helps.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
own, schmown. I just want this general bad attitude seeming to spread throughout this board to stop. It's bad enough the MS section is like RX-8 club sometimes.

I do not think Matt is a bad guy and I would say the same for probably 98% who post on this board. Just sometimes things get out of hand and people can take a position they later regret. I myself have come across as a dich on occasions and later regretted it.

However, I am serious. Flaming newbs or flaming in this section VERBOTEN ist!

The Warning System will now be strictly enforced in this section and we will now suspend member posting privileges for violations of the flaming rule. The length of the suspension will be at the discretion of the admin/mod handling the situation.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn sorry for making wave's.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
own, schmown. I just want this general bad attitude seeming to spread throughout this board to stop. It's bad enough the MS section is like RX-8 club sometimes.

I do not think Matt is a bad guy and I would say the same for probably 98% who post on this board. Just sometimes things get out of hand and people can take a position they later regret. I myself have come across as a dich on occasions and later regretted it.

However, I am serious. Flaming newbs or flaming in this section VERBOTEN ist!

The Warning System will now be strictly enforced in this section and we will now suspend member posting privileges for violations of the flaming rule. The length of the suspension will be at the discretion of the admin/mod handling the situation.
[/b]
I am with Dave and the other mods on this one, glad they are taking steps to curve this type of behavior. flaming newbies will limit their participation, discourage new membership and cause long time members to not participate or leave.

Dave, keep it doing what you are doing, hopefully all of you guys remain constant and vigilant.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.