Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know with my '03 when I locked the car from the remote it would flash the lights and or honk the horn, with my '05 it doesn't do anything at all. Is there something wrong, a way to turn it off/on or does it not have this with the '05s ?

Seems like a noob question, but I just actually realized it this week and I've had my 05 since Feb :laugh: :hoho:

·
Registered
302 Posts
My 05' flashes the parking lights (hit lock once) and honks (hit lock twice) when I lock the doors. Yours should do it too I think. :headscrat:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, thanks for the info guys. Im gonna ask my dealer about this next time I'm there..

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the info guys. Im gonna ask my dealer about this next time I'm there..
[/b]
Yea mine does too, but sometimes it doesn't work. :headscrat:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
lol.

check your trunk. its popped.

or one of your doors/hood are popped. thats all.

popped=ajar= not closed.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
lol.
check your trunk. its popped.
or one of your doors/hood are popped. thats all.

popped=ajar= not closed.
[/b]
I had a feeling it was the trunk! I think sometimes I accidentally push the trunk lid button, and then hit lock twice. Which might be why my rear windshield is frosting from the inside in this 12 degree weather in Alaska right now :swearin:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im pretty sure everything is closed, this is something that hasnt worked for months.. actually since i got the car in feb. that i can remember. im pretty sure the hatch and doors are all closed and locked nice and tight, lol..

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Dealer has to turn that function on in the computer. After that it should work fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just click lock on your key fob once, rather than twice... that should solve it. I hate the honk too.
[/b]
if you click the lock once then your doors will lock but if you click the lock button twice that is what activates the factory alarm system on my 05. at least this is what the dealer told me. also if you leave your lights on then the car wont flash its lights or honk its horn when you lock it. i believe its a feature to notify you that something isnt right with the way you are leaving the car.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
sounds like one of your doors are ajar. next time it happens, try locking it and see if it flashes. then unlock it to see if it flashes. if it doesn't flash check all your doors and the trunk. normally its the trunk.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i got a new remote from the mazda dealer, they programmed it there. but i noticed when i got home the lights dont flash when it is locked or unlocked either.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
My ex-roommate's Neon had a way to change the lights/horn stuff when locking and unlocking with the remote. Check your owner's manual, the 6 may as well. Mine flashes when locked, beeps when I push lock again. I didn't have to change anything, it came that way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got an 05. One click, dorrs lock lights flash, 2nd click - horn honk, alarm activated. Noticed that if I unlock the doors, but don't get in, five or ten minutes later, it automatically relocks and arms with a light flash.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Got an 05. One click, dorrs lock lights flash, 2nd click - horn honk, alarm activated. Noticed that if I unlock the doors, but don't get in, five or ten minutes later, it automatically relocks and arms with a light flash.
[/b]
It's more like 30 seconds actually.

I found out something else too. If you get out and lock the doors with the LOCK button on the door, but pop the trunk open just before you hit LOCK, the alarm doesn't know it. I ended up setting my own car alarm off in my complex at around midnight last night. It scared the hell outta me lol :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
[/b]

Ya it's more like 30 seconds : when I unlock with remote but don't open one door before the elapsed time ; it re-arms the Alarm

You don't have to click twice the remote to arm the alarm .... as I NEVER click twice so I don't hear the horn .... the other day someone bumped my car with his human-body and scratched my hood - probably a drunk ! :swearin: THE ALARM SOUNDED VERY LOUDLY THX TO THE UNIQUE SOUND OF MY HORN (just one click of the remote activates your Alarm ;))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts