Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting since March for my Speed Yellow Manual 6s. This probably won't help any. It was due to come in at the end of May, beginning of June, and the last I checked, the end of June.

Article Summary:
Mazda Motor Corporation, one third owned by Ford, said on Monday it would suspend operations at its US plant for a week in each of May and July, helping to achieve its forecast 24% increase in net income this year, Bloomberg News said. Other reports said that net profit at Mazda reached 24.1 billion yen ($US206 million) in the fiscal year ended March 31, a rise of nearly twofold from 8.8 billion the previous year.

Source:
http://www.just-auto.com/news_detail.asp?art=40988

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: This won't help those waiting for their May/June orders

I can't see how not delivering ordered cars would help increase income?

:sarc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Me neither... strange... Maybe the factory cost more to run then the the amount of money it draws in... :sarc

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'This won't help those waiting for their May/June orders'

I don't mind waiting for the car up to a certain extent. However, if it still hasn't been delivered by August, I might as well cancel the order as the 2004s will be out soon, or with my luck, a MazdaSpeed turbocharged AWD will be out and it will be too late to change the order.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Because if they stop production they cut labor expenses. The sales have probably already been recognized because the cars have been "sold" to the dealerships. What it hurts more than anything is the customer service aspect of things with people who are waiting for a car.

·
Registered
319 Posts

They have a bit higher inventory of the 6 than they want. If they had made the correct ratio of V6 5 speed, they probably wouldn't have had the problem.

My guess....too many I4 autos on the lots. If you're waiting for a car now, I wouldn't think you'd get pushed back too much. If you are waiting, chances are your car is the one they're going to make soon, not more I4 autos.

·
Registered
27 Posts

It is possible that they will still make all of the cars on order, but cut back on the regular production. That would be fairly easy to do with today's computerized manufacturing and order management systems.

My local Mazda dealer has more than a dozen 6's on the lots, about half 4's and half 6's.

My fear is that slow sales could delay the introduction of the hatchback in the USA.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Replying to Topic 'This won't help those waiting for their May/June orders'

Originally posted by Tom Bombadil

It is possible that they will still make all of the cars on order, but cut back on the regular production.  That would be fairly easy to do with today's computerized manufacturing and order management systems.

My local Mazda dealer has more than a dozen 6's on the lots, about half 4's and half 6's.

My fear is that slow sales could delay the introduction of the hatchback in the USA.[/b]
I doubt it... My order was canceled! And from what I understand several other people on this board have the same problem. I was able to locate the car I want, but the order I placed on March 7th was canceled last week after over 9 weeks of waiting...

Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts