Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0300 Random misfire detected Flash / ON 1 or 2 Misfire ´ (See DTC P0300)

Can someone tell me what "See DTC P0300" means? Am i supposed to look elsewhere for a more descriptive explanation...cause i have no idea where to even start with that.

In addition to that, my dealer/Service center said they "cleared" the code, checked the Plugs and the cylinders and found nothing wrong. Once the code was "cleared" the CEL was gone and hasnt returned. Can anyone verify that this IS what the propper procedure was to repair this CEL. I got the feeling from the Service Dept that they were a little baffled as to why my car threw the CEL.

FYI- unless this doesnt happen anymore, they never disconnected my battery cause all my Radio P-sets were still programed

thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
P0300 Random misfire detected Flash / ON 1 or 2 Misfire ´ (See DTC P0300)

In addition to that, my dealer/Service center said they "cleared" the code, checked the Plugs and the cylinders and found nothing wrong. Once the code was "cleared" the CEL was gone and hasnt returned. Can anyone verify that this IS what the propper procedure was to repair this CEL. I got the feeling from the Service Dept that they were a little baffled as to why my car threw the CEL.
[/b]

This is a very common way to clear a code...in fact, the normal way to do it.

I had this code pop up on my STi when i was on track at laguna seca...cleared it and never came back. Just one of those things that happens on car like this w/ such robust electronic monitoring/sensors.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did you notice you and I are within 2 posts of eachother and joined two days apart....Just something wierd i spotted..lol
[/b]

Yea..everytime i see your username i think of a stussy jacket i had in high school.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea..everytime i see your username i think of a stussy jacket i had in high school.
[/b]

hahaha...I've used this name since HS when my brother set my AOL account up and "picked" my screen name cause my Stussy t-shirt was sitting on the floor in front of him.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
You know what's funny? The first step of most of those diagnostic procedures is to record the owners radio stations prior to reseting the battery/ecu so they can be re-entered when they finish the diagnostic process. Oops.

Btw, misfires are sometimes caused when you get on the car's throttle a bit too early after turning it on. If you have a change to check the Freeze Frame data, check the coolant temp. If its below 170F, then the misfire is most likely your fault for not modulating the right foot prior to the car being warmed up.

Unlike the M3, the MS6 doesn't have an adaptive redline, so you've got to give it a few minutes after starting before you start going bonkers. (This is of course if that was what caused this particular cel...this post is more of a warning then an accusation)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh man I wish I had a $1 for every mil we get at work for this. (mostly to pay for wasted time filling out paperwork)

Our start up procedure was changed just because of this issue. We have to idle for at least 30 seconds from a cold start (generally the beginning of the shift), and that elimiated this issue.

It's such a habitual routine that I do it everytime I start any car now. ROFL.

On a side note, I noticed my local Mazda dealer has the CX-7 in, I'm going to go in next week and test drive one and see if they changed anything from when we tested them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
franchize
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing