Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nana:

Four women were driving across the country. Each one was from a
different place: Idaho, Nebraska, Georgia, and Mexico.

Shortly after the trip began, the woman from Idaho started pulling
potatoes from her bag and throwing them out of the window.

"What the heck are you doing?" demanded the Nebraskan.

The Idahoan remarked, "We have so many of these darn things in Idaho, I am just sick of looking at them!"

A moment later, the gal from Nebraska began pulling ears of corn
from her bag and tossing them from the window.

"What are you doing that for?" asked the gal from Georgia.

Miss Nebraska said, "We have so many of these things in Nebraska, I am just sick of looking at them!"

Inspired, the gal from Georgia opened the car door and pushed the
Mexican out

:slap:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dont have anything aginst mexicans but it would be better if you switched Georgia with Texas.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i don't know, i live in georgia. georgia works.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Or Arizona, or New Mexico, or California...
[/b]

No need to change the joke because the hispanic culture is such a huge part of those states and Texas that most people are used to it and appreciate the culture and history. In Georgia, they have more recently had an infux of hispanics (maybe Mexicans, but I can't tell just by looking). They're not used to their new neighbors, yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yea, I heard that one with Texas instead of Georgia.

I love the culture of Texas, I wouldn't trade it for anything, but there are still a bunch of Redneck racists that live here and give Texas a bad name. Living in a tiny West Texas town, I can assure you, racism is still alive. Hell, the town is freaking segregated, the south side of town is Mexican, the north side is white. And the town is divided by a railroad track. It's surreal. You go south of the tracks and it is like visiting the thrid world. Of course, the town government doesn't give a rat's ass about the southside of town. I know a guy that works for the volunteer fire department and he told me that over half the hydrants on the south side of town don't work. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yea, I heard that one with Texas instead of Georgia.

I love the culture of Texas, I wouldn't trade it for anything, but there are still a bunch of Redneck racists that live here and give Texas a bad name. Living in a tiny West Texas town, I can assure you, racism is still alive. Hell, the town is freaking segregated, the south side of town is Mexican, the north side is white. And the town is divided by a railroad track. It's surreal. You go south of the tracks and it is like visiting the thrid world. Of course, the town government doesn't give a rat's ass about the southside of town. I know a guy that works for the volunteer fire department and he told me that over half the hydrants on the south side of town don't work. Unbelievable.
[/b]
The fact that you used the term "Redneck racists", doesn't make you much better.

The issues with the "south side of town" isn't the fault of the "town government". People tend to live the way they were brought up. Once a slob, always a slob! It doesn't take money to have pride or keep your house neat. I don't feel sorry for people that aren't willing to try and make an effort.

BTW, that's an old joke. Told many different ways.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The fact that you used the term "Redneck racists", doesn't make you much better.

The issues with the "south side of town" isn't the fault of the "town government". People tend to live the way they were brought up. Once a slob, always a slob! It doesn't take money to have pride or keep your house neat. I don't feel sorry or people that aren't willing to try and make an effort.
BTW, that's an old joke. Told many different ways.
[/b]
They call themselves "Rednecks," with a bit of misguided pride I might add.

Secondly, how does living like a slob take water out of fire hydrants? The houses aren't dank, or anything like that. It's just the old abandoned buildings that have never been torn down, and the trailer parks with trailers dating from sometime in the mid 70's. The town council passed a zoning law that basically states that Mobile Homes are no longer allowed within city limits, Those that are grandfathered in cannot be moved or replaced by newer homes. Once the Mobile Home has been moved or altered, the land is zoned for permanent foundation housing.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
They call themselves "Rednecks," with a bit of misguided pride I might add.

Secondly, how does living like a slob take water out of fire hydrants? The houses aren't dank, or anything like that. It's just the old abandoned buildings that have never been torn down, and the trailer parks with trailers dating from sometime in the mid 70's. The town council passed a zoning law that basically states that Mobile Homes are no longer allowed within city limits, Those that are grandfathered in cannot be moved or replaced by newer homes. Once the Mobile Home has been moved or altered, the land is zoned for permanent foundation housing.
[/b]
That is a huge step up from a third world country!

Small town volunteer fire depts .should have water tenders, eliminating the need for what sounds like out-dated hydrants.
I have responded to many house fires with no hydrants within a 20 mile radius.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
im just getting pissed that ive gotta change what i do to compensate for all these spanish speaking people coming in.

for example, when i go to the atm, the first thing it asks me is if i want english or spanish... im in chicago. this is america. the language is english. not spanish. why do i hafta waste my time pressing english just so they can be catered to and crap. they came here, they learn the language. if i moved to spain, i'd learn spanish.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
im just getting pissed that ive gotta change what i do to compensate for all these spanish speaking people coming in.
for example, when i go to the atm, the first thing it asks me is if i want english or spanish... im in chicago. this is america. the language is english. not spanish. why do i hafta waste my time pressing english just so they can be catered to and crap. they came here, they learn the language. if i moved to spain, i'd learn spanish.
[/b]
Dude, we need to drink some beer together! :laugh: Amen!

·
Registered
758 Posts
[/b]
:yesnod:

·
Registered
337 Posts
[/b]
Hopefully that bill or whatever in congress will pass to make English the official language of the country and the second bill will pass to make it the unifying language of the country. The latter will hopefully get rid of the spanish option as a choice for language.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Why should companies be forced to print in English only? Because you are too lazy to take an extra 2 seconds to push English on an ATM? Businesses choose to display both languages to increase accessibility, which in turn leads to more money from those Spanish speaking customers.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I don't think companies should be forced to print in only English, but something also to consider is that businesses are out to make money, not better society. They would screw society as many times as they could if it meant a profit (and many already have). When I see those options, or spanish signs/billboards, all I read is: "F*ck everything, gimme more money!"

We're American and we speak English. Kudo's to the companies who won't settle.

Now on a side note, I wonder if these companies ever mess up what they are trying to translate like some other countries do when trying to translate into English? I think there's a post around here with some funny examples.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
26 Participants
migueloo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing