Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently, there are other jack stand with a "safety" pins, but even then, all it takes for this pin to break or whatever and is game over for you and all for trying to save money.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
The man in the article you linked purposefully crawled under a car supported only by a scissor jack, devices that are notoriously unstable. He got what was coming to him. In the video, he demonstrates the jack isn't going to break the safety pin without extreme force exerted on the lever. Levers don't get bumped hard enough to cause the jack to fall.

Put the wrench down, sell your car, and buy some bus tickets. You've managed to create another thread that contributes nothing.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The man in the article you linked purposefully crawled under a car supported only by a scissor jack, devices that are notoriously unstable. He got what was coming to him. In the video, he demonstrates the jack isn't going to break the safety pin without extreme force exerted on the lever. Levers don't get bumped hard enough to cause the jack to fall.

Put the wrench down, sell your car, and buy some bus tickets. You've managed to create another thread that contributes nothing.

I pay mechanics to get their hands dirty for me

·
Registered
194 Posts

This exactly, idk why he continues to waste bandwidth with these fear-mongering posts. The chances of a jackstand failing are as likely as being struck by lightning. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Umm, you know you're talking to someone who's mechanically inept, right? I bet he doesn't own a wrench, let alone know how to use one.

I pay mechanics to get their hands dirty for me
Bingo. Just a poser, wasting everyone's time as usual.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
@Zeffer, @Dougspeed, @TitaniumVT and everyone else - If you don't like the post, just ignore it. Those craving attention aren't interested in what you say, so don't waste your time. Everyone here respects you already :)

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
First of all... This thread is in the LOUNGE.

In case you need a refresher as to the description, it states:
Sit back, relax, and speak your mind (please keep it clean!)
In other words, he's allowed to post items like this in here, just like anyone else is.

Secondly, if you're not a fan of Seiya and what he posts, that's your right. If that's the case, click HERE to learn how to add them to your Ignore List.

Thirdly, some of these responses to his posts are simply unnecessary and frankly, just as much as a waste of bandwidth. It's also bordering on "stalking" IMO. Everyone here has three options:
1. Take a moment to follow the instructions I posted above.
2. Maybe make a reply that's actually constructive, and not just bashing the abilities/intents/personality of the other members.
3. Continue to stalk and bash members, in which case you'll get a free vacation from 6Club to start, with repeated offenses leading to being banned.

Remember, this is a forum for all fans of the Mazda 6, that's why we're here. I love the fact that we can all join here and have some fantastic discussions about all sorts of topics. This is why I've been a member here for well over a decade, volunteered to be an Admin, and have taken the little free time I have to not only try and keep this site running smoothly, but to contribute as much as possible, with experiences from all three of my 6s, maybe some news articles/posts, and admiring the tons of hard work and fantastic results that other members have done with their cars. I've met and kept in touch with some fantastic people on here, and some have turned out to be great friends, people I'd never even know existed if it wasn't for 6Club.

And yes, I admit I've ran into others here that I don't necessarily get along with, or maybe post things that I don't agree with. As much as I may NOT be their #1 fan, I don't go out of my way to look for their posts and leave negative comments, in fact, I usually click the Back button and move on to the next thread. If I feel that I can add to the conversation, I try to, without putting others down or bashing them for having a different opinion/option/method. I just wish that others would do the same, since we're all here for reasons other than that, or should be, anyway...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Mz6GreyGhost
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing