Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light rain today in NYC... Somebody asked me to drive them to Westchester County, about 50 miles away. On the way home, I was cruising along in New Jersey, thinking about how great my new 6 is, when I realized I had missed my exit by about 10 miles! So I turn around and head home.

Then I get closer to home, and a WRX driver whips around me and gives me the :thumbup

When I'm almost home, on a bridge, a 626 with what appeared to be a family inside comes along side and they are all smiling, looking at the 6. The girl sitting in the backseat gave me a big :D My apologies, I just had to comment about what a pleasure this car is to drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reading Topic: This is how good the 6 is..

oh yeah... check this out...i was in my 1st gen mx6 n/a at stop light and along side there was red mazda6s with some dude driving it. i was drooling over it ( can't help it)and just before light turned green i gave him tumbs up. he didn't even look or smiled one bit . just kept on driving..... i doubt he even knows how cool his car looks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replying to Topic 'This is how good the 6 is..'

The feeling seems universal, best looking car on the road, where ever you live.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Originally posted by Hum

The feeling seems universal, best looking car on the road, where ever you live.[/b]
That's high praise! Especially coming from Australia, which is graced with the presence of Holdens....

·
Registered
652 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

That's high praise!  Especially coming from Australia, which is graced with the presence of Holdens....[/b]

Blech......I see that those nim-wits at Pontiac are taking a Holden, putting the same fugly grille as the Grand-Am and Grand Prix on it and have the nerve to call it "GTO". I don't know what Bob Lutz is smoking, but that just don't cut it.
Talk about lack of style. At least the Firebird had style. The Holden GTO looks like a jelly bean with the same boring Pontiac grille that they have used for a decade. And they pay their designers how much? Sorry for the off-topic rant, but I find the new GTO insulting to my sense of style. At least Ford was able to jump on the retro-band wagon the Daimler Chrysler started and made the Thunerbird look good despite being woefully under powered.

God, I am so glad I got my Mazda6! :D Now that's a car!

·
Registered
286 Posts

I got three complements on my car yesterday. I had just washed it and it looks great! As soon as I get the photos developed i'll scan and post them. Anyway, I was at an ATM and three people in the car parked next to me asked me how I liked my car. Of course I told them it's awesome. A couple minutes later, the dude at the cashier window at Taco Bell complemented me on my car. Then later at night when I stopped to get gas, the dude at the other side of the pump inquired. The car looks great when it's clean! I love it! So much fun to drive.

Oh, and I had some hottie chickie chasing me in her Mustang GT yesterday for about 20 miles or so. Kinda fun... ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

Yes, the car is trully a joy to drive.[/b]
chindo, you don't even own a 6 yet! have you at least tried it? :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Yap, there was a guy driving a BMW 330Ci checking out my car when driving on the road. :-> That feels good alrght.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Originally posted by ecsw

Yap, there was a guy driving a BMW 330Ci checking out my car when driving on the road. :-> That feels good alrght.[/b]
I always check out rusted old pieces of shit going down the road, do you think they feel special? ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

Originally posted by ecsw

Yap, there was a guy driving a BMW 330Ci checking out my car when driving on the road. :-> That feels good alrght.[/b]
I always check out rusted old pieces of shit going down the road, do you think they feel special? ;) [/b][/quote]

at least it feels good to see it's not falling from your car! :D

·
Registered
389 Posts

Yep, i too have gotten plenty of good comments on the car. Everyone at school thinks its cool; the girls think its "cute" and so did my prom date (she was thrilled about my car). She sat in my car for a half an hour playing with everything and listening to music. Of course, i sat in it too, but in the passenger seat. My other friends think the car is preety cool too. Also, a girl that i was racing pulled up and said the car was nice....while noticing the V6 badge. Man, i LOVE this car....i'm so glad i made the right decision.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Good to hear how everyone loves the car- I'm not vein- but still.... What colors are the cars getting the attention? Not yellow I would iamgine? ha... I am trying to decide between the silver and the grey.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

I think the blue looks dead sexy, I've seen a couple of blue ones with sport packs driving around the Brea area in Orange County, CA... anyone here?

P.S. go for the dark grey over the silver

·
Registered
111 Posts

Yeah, I agree, I think the blue looks the best. of course, I may be biased since I have a blue one :)

Anywho, I walked out of work last night towards the parking lot. I saw 5 people standing around my car lookiung at it and talking. At first I was worried something had happened to it, but when I got there they just wanted to take a look inside, and go for a test drive :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts