Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ugh,

I have had my mazda6i for 2 months. The interior is pissin me off. Not many people see or will see the interior,but i want it nice. First of all,back in december I put jugs of water on my backseat. This left PERMANENT huge stains on my backseats. puzzling..

My seats were already in pretty rough shape when i bought it used,so today i thught id get some armorall wipes and help it. pf! i tried it on a spot on my pass. door. This left a mark that wouldnt go,so i got some auto upholstery cleaner and put it on,and then some hot water. Of course,the spot from water is still there,even though its dry. WHAT is up with this? how can cleanin wipes or water leave these permanent marks?

thanks

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Go to the store and buy a product called Greased Lightning. That stuff could take the spots off a leopard. You might have to go to a hardware store to get it though.

I'm not sure how water can do that. Something to do with molecular isotopes and monocelluloids. JK.

The guy at Mazda who chose the interior materials FOR THE WIN!!! :slap:

·
Registered
578 Posts
It might be worth renting a steam cleaner with attachements for upholstery. I doubt it will hurt at all and it might actually make the interrior look much better.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Go to the store and buy a product called Greased Lightning. That stuff could take the spots off a leopard. You might have to go to a hardware store to get it though.

I'm not sure how water can do that. Something to do with molecular isotopes and monocelluloids. JK.

The guy at Mazda who chose the interior materials FOR THE WIN!!! :slap:[/b]
i'll vouch for that leopard comment.... damn that stuff is good!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
ya bad idea dont burn it ;)

but u should definately try grease lightning, it worked in my dads old 4 runner VERY well. I say do that first and if it still doesnt work (which if it doesnt then no man can save you except leatherseats.com) then go to the steam cleaner.

·
Registered
216 Posts

The guy at Mazda who chose the interior materials FOR THE WIN!!! :slap:[/b]
Greased Lightning is amazing stuff but sometimes (rarely) it doesn't clean well enough but then again I'm a perfectionist... but that's where the Oxiclean comes in. I use that for the upholstery, liner, and carpets of my car, the carpets in my house..... and to wash clothes.... and about a billion other things. I got a 14lb box of it so I'm sure I'll find more uses but it does do an amazing job and everyone that's ever step foot in my car tells me its the cleanest car they've ever seen.... except now I've been lazy....

·
Registered
826 Posts
Greased Lightning is amazing stuff but sometimes (rarely) it doesn't clean well enough but then again I'm a perfectionist... but that's where the Oxiclean comes in. I use that for the upholstery, liner, and carpets of my car, the carpets in my house..... and to wash clothes.... and about a billion other things. I got a 14lb box of it so I'm sure I'll find more uses but it does do an amazing job and everyone that's ever step foot in my car tells me its the cleanest car they've ever seen.... except now I've been lazy....[/b]
Rarely when using Greased Lightning will you have to top it off with Oxiclean.

Greased Lightning FTW.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ugh,

I have had my mazda6i for 2 months. The interior is pissin me off. Not many people see or will see the interior,but i want it nice. First of all,back in december I put jugs of water on my backseat. This left PERMANENT huge stains on my backseats. puzzling..

My seats were already in pretty rough shape when i bought it used,so today i thught id get some armorall wipes and help it. pf! i tried it on a spot on my pass. door. This left a mark that wouldnt go,so i got some auto upholstery cleaner and put it on,and then some hot water. Of course,the spot from water is still there,even though its dry. WHAT is up with this? how can cleanin wipes or water leave these permanent marks?

thanks[/b]
I know how you feel. I dripped something on my center console (I think it was ice cream) & right when it happend I took a towel and water and tried to clean it off. The next morning i got in my car and there was a huge stain from the water. I was pissed because who would think WATER would leave a stain like that.... I was gonna try some kind of upholstery cleaner but I figured.. well if water is gonna stain why wouldnt upholstery cleaner?

Did you ever figure out how to get the stains removed?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I steam cleaned my seat and it changed the shade. So if you do it I recomend you take the time to do everything to make it all match. Than make sure that you give the car time to dry with the windows down. If it takes to long or if you leave the windows closed there will be a nice mildew smell the next day. Also while it's clean, and you have all that crap out ,it's not a bad idea to scotch guard it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. The spots just start showing up, even from the sweat off of a cold drink can... It's like it leaves a ring around the edges or something. I clean the seats with liberal amounts of spray-on upholstery cleaner over the entire seat, scrub it in with a brush, and then shop vac the seats after about 10 minutes. Now, the entire seat has one huge ring all the way around it, but its down at the bottom, so you can't see it. JK... Actually works pretty well. Be careful to keep the armor-all off of the upholstery though, cause it's sort of an oil base and leave a spot.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lol, condensation off my water bottle i left on the passanger seat accidentaly stained it.... Its almost as if the seats have something on them that the water removes. Oh well, ill steam clean eventually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.