Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, when nobody starts a topic on this forum-area, I'll make the 1st one.
There are some other cars I don't like at all. Think of cars like the Opel Kadett, VW Golf and others. They have the looks of a wheelchair, and they drive like one too. Which ones don't U like at all?

Coen

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'This Forum'

Here in the US (don't know if it exists elswhere) I think the Toyota Matrix is absolutely hideous. Great concept, super versatile - but U G L Y.

·
Registered
837 Posts

I agree with you applejax.

The Toyota Matrix and the sister car Pontiac Vibe are one ugly siblings. You can also add the new Suzuki Aerio to that pack as well. They all have the new fad concept of being more utility and giving headroom for 2m tall people. Why do you need all that headroom is beyond my recognition.

I think the latest craze is bigger, higher and more powerful engine. I don't mind the more powerful engine but if the car is small and light then the extra power is sort of a waste.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Though it's not techinically a car, the Pontiac Aztek has got to be one of the most horrendous designs ever. The first few times I saw them on the road I almost lost control of my car do to the shock.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

One word: Asstek (I know it's supposed to be Aztek, but Asstek is so much more evocative of the way that car makes me feel when I see it). Oops, I guess that's more than one word. :p

·
Registered
510 Posts

:p

I don't like any Models at all from Hyundai or Daewoooooooo !!!! (Korean Vehicles)

They still have a long way to go with quality and style.........

Rod

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I have to agree the Aztek is one grotesque beast.
I have to disagree with the Hyundai comment...barring performance, I really like the exterior of the Elantra GT, and I think the Tiberon is the best looking sports coupe out there.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

The Vibe and Matrix are coooooool!

The Aztek is hideous indeed. I'm gled it isn't for sale here :)

Other cars who are very ugly:

Fiat Doblò (is also a van for company's)

Fiat Multipla

Citroën C5

Lancia Phedra

Mercedes Vaneo (also a Van)

Renault Mégane

Renault Vel Satis

Renault Avantime

Yoyota Yaris Verso

And offcourse all those small MPV's like the Mazda Demio, Suzuki Wagon R+, Daihatsu Move, Hyundai Atos and stuff like that...

·
Registered
510 Posts

Hi,

Yes, they are all a bad looking bunch of cars......

I think the Lancia is probably the best of (Cough !) them. (cough , cough !!!!)

Rod

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by RodneyJ

Hi,  

Yes, they are all a bad looking bunch of cars......

I think the Lancia is probably the best of (Cough !)  them.  (cough , cough !!!!)

Rod[/b]
You gotta do something about that cough of yours! That won't do when you get your 6. Imagine: having a cold that day!!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The C5 isn't that ugly reallt.. It's just overwieghted... Looks a little like a super-slimlined Renalul Laguna 1 estate... We have one of those now... From the front it's really OK and actually quite sport.. But the rear looks like some kind of hot-dogstand...

I think the new Primera fits in to this category.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Genius

Damn, that fiat multipla is HIDEOUS...[/b]
I second that!! If they sold those here, and my neighbor ever bought one I'd put up a fence... and get him some therapy sessions.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by Matt Mazda

The Vibe and Matrix are coooooool![/b]
I hope you don't say that the Hyundai Matrix is cool, it's actually one of the worst designs ever. Although it's designed by Pininfarina, the car doesn't appeal to me at all. Look especially at the windows..
The Hyundai Matrix:

And offcourse all those small MPV's like the Mazda Demio, Suzuki Wagon R+, Daihatsu Move, Hyundai Atos and stuff like that...[/b]
Agreed, but now Mazda comes up with the new 2, so I guess you've to recall your opinion on this one.

Coen

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by OppenheimeR

Originally posted by Matt Mazda

The Vibe and Matrix are coooooool![/b]
I hope you don't say that the Hyundai Matrix is cool, it's actually one of the worst designs ever.
Coen
[/b][/quote]

What is being referred to here is the Toyota Matrix. And might I add, it looks worse in person.

·
Registered
244 Posts

How about these Russian Beauties?

They actually sell very well, but then again, the prices start at US$ 4400 :hoho

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Originally posted by Sigvard

How about these Russian Beauties?

They actually sell very well, but then again, the prices start at US$ 4400 :hoho[/b]
Talking about dated... But who wants to have this cars, since you're telling they sell very well? And yes, the Toyota Matrix looks ok, better then the Toyota Corolla Verso or the Avensis Verso (slightly bigger). But since when do Toyota and Pontiac make together designs? The Vibe is almost a copy of the Matrix (or backwards ;))

Coen

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

But since when do Toyota and Pontiac make together designs? The Vibe is almost a copy of the Matrix (or backwards ;))

Coen[/b]
Yes, they are the same car with different faces, built by (or at lease parts manufactured by) Toyota.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts