Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused. I've heard people say that the 626 doesn't have much more room than a Protege. The Protege is small; a compact) and the 626 is a sedan. While checking actual interior measurements (excluding exterior); I also compared them to the Millenia.

While they are all extremely close as far as actual measurements, the Millenia is actually smaller (interior seating mind you) than the 626, and the 626 is only slightly larger than the Protege (and I mean slightly).

I don't get it. Why have three different cars that are all the same size inside?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: This doesn't make sense

The Protege is tall and is a smart design.

The other cars are increasingly short, but longer. The interior isn't as comfortable in the 626, in my opinion. Perhaps that's one of the reasons it didn't sell well. Basically, they'd be more luxurious for shorter people. Something like that.

That said, buy a Protege! (Or at least look at them closely.)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It's not all about size. It's a lot about comfort also. But it's true they are similar in size inside.

What isn't similar is crash safety. The size of the tin can you're in actually matters when having a rendez vous with a truck.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

The current gen Protege is a newer design. The Millenia was designed as the entry level car for the aborted Amati luxury brand. There was supposed to be an even larger model in that lineup. There was also a smaller one, marketed as the Xedos 6 overseas (the Millenia was the Xedos 9). The last gen 626 design came out in the mid 1990
s and is comparable to mid-size sedans of that era.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

One reason the 626 didn't sell might be the design... It looks like it was designed by some tax angency or something. I belive it's the most boring looking car I know of exept for Mitsubishi Carisma, like a sister to 626 designwise, but it's even more booring.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Wee....!? Carsima? Do you see any Carisma from this one?

By the same people that brough you this bythe way :)

Mitsubishi Galant Avance with V6 ect.. VERY good looking stuff!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.