Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this might have been discussed but anyone know how hard itd be or whats necessary to swap 03 6S 5spd atx with 05 6s 6spd atx...I understand the impracticality of it but just ...weighing my options. Im sure there are some steps and some routes but..thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I havent found any info on anyone swapping atx for atx. I would rather have the mtx but due to a service injury Im not able to operate the mtx.

Ive had the common issues with the Jatco 5spd and have replaced several components. With no success solenoids, fluids and even at new Tcm. Nothing....found a post about Mazda replacing the pcm because of a factory defect but as the vehicle oonly wants 1st and 2nd gear, it is impossible to get he vehicle the 75 miles ( all highway) to the stealership. I was fortunate to come across the Azsin 6spd atx out of a tboned 05, and have the means to do the transplant but am apprehensive to acquire. Same 3.0 v6 same basic car just the ones extra gear. Im aware that the tcm is located on the 6spd whereas mine is under the dash and my require some time and beer to overcome. Im not sure if they are the same basic units..Ie bellhousing, bolt pattern, line placement ect. Would it require swappimg the ecm as well or just a reflash. Will the pin connectors line up? Do axles match. Like I said I do understand the impracticality of such an endeavor and have been counseled that I should just purchase a new 6 but I absolutely LOVE MY CAR, we have a bond that I refuse to break..like most toxic rrelationships I refuse to accept the situation as untenable!! Any info would be greatly appreciated. 1000 thanks 6 fam. G Bless

1 - 2 of 2 Posts