Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as the title states, currently a BMW 3 series owner, but thinking of making the move over to a Mazda 6 . With that in mind one of my must haves is the adaptive cruise control or MRCC as Mazda calls it.

Finding it really difficult to find cars that have that listed on auto trader. Is there any other way o can identify it has MRCC , maybe via the console / steering wheel?

I think I should have mentioned that I'm looking at a used 3rd generation. Is there anything o should be wary of? Or to look for.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have the 2017 model and is equipped with cruise control but is not adaptive. I don't know if the latest model is already "upgraded".

It's a nice feature when you want save fuel for a very long drive. My worry is that I might fall asleep while driving.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Finding it really difficult to find cars that have that listed on auto trader. Is there any other way o can identify it has MRCC , maybe via the console / steering wheel?
You can have a look at the steering wheel. There's a button to increase or decrease the distance with the car you're following.

Have a look here : http://www.mazda.ca/en/digital-owners-manual/2019/mazda6/contents/05282600.html

MRCC is one of the features of the car that I wouldn't want to loose!

I think that the system was upgraded in 2018 with the stop and go feature, but you'll have to confirm that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is proving harder than I thought there are almost no cars prior to 2019 on autotrader with mrcc. I really hope I'm missing something

·
Registered
62 Posts
Make sure you drive a car with it and test it out and see if it is what you really want. Different brands approach it differently.

I use it 10% of the time (on my 2019 Mazda 3 and my wife’s 2019 Forester). I find it too jumpy. Accelerating to fill gaps and braking to increase space.

Beyond this feature, I bet you will love the Mazda6. Most of the driving dynamics of a BMW with a fraction of the repair costs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 GT that has adaptive cruise...love the feature but first few times I used it still had my foot over the brake...😊

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have a 2017 GT with adaptive cruise. I would also suggest test driving it as I find it great at times and not so much at others. Also, it will work from freeway speeds down to 14 mph. I would rather have one that would go all the way to 0 mph, but I can deal with that to get everything else that the car is.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Make sure you drive a car with it and test it out and see if it is what you really want. Different brands approach it differently.

I use it 10% of the time (on my 2019 Mazda 3 and my wife’s 2019 Forester). I find it too jumpy. Accelerating to fill gaps and braking to increase space.
I second this.I find the system is not smooth and it causes the car to needlessly decel/accelerate making it harder on fuel.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have it on my 3 and rarely use it unless im NOT expecting to get anywhere soon. Sometimes it slows down to slowly you dont notice till you look down and youre doing 15 under your set mph cause of the car in front of you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have it on my 3 and rarely use it unless im NOT expecting to get anywhere soon. Sometimes it slows down to slowly you dont notice till you look down and youre doing 15 under your set mph cause of the car in front of you.
That is exactly how my first experience went with it. It slowed so gradually that I didn't notice that I was following someone and going substantially slower than I wanted!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maybe Auto Trader just isn't good at filtering that feature - I'd just look at Grand Touring trims and try to figure it out from there. Otherwise try cars.com - I found some 2017-18's with it, listed as "adaptive cruise control" in the detail section. Verified by pictures of the steering wheel too.

·
Super Moderator
17,374 Posts
Sorry, late to the party.

So far as I know, MRCC was only equipped on 2014 - 2016 models that were Grand Touring + the additional packages, and I believe anything with a high enough trim to have the i-Eloop regenerative braking also had that equipped, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Sorry, late to the party.

So far as I know, MRCC was only equipped on 2014 - 2016 models that were Grand Touring + the additional packages, and I believe anything with a high enough trim to have the i-Eloop regenerative braking also had that equipped, but don't quote me on that.
No, cause the 17 GT turbo i had also had it, although its not distance adjustable like on my 3. Its a diff name now, but still "radar" controlled. Basically if you have the "covered" front emblem you have the MRCC.

·
Super Moderator
17,374 Posts
No, cause the 17 GT turbo i had also had it, although its not distance adjustable like on my 3. Its a diff name now, but still "radar" controlled. Basically if you have the "covered" front emblem you have the MRCC.
OHHHHH I always wondered why some of the front emblems had a plastic shield over them, that would make sense if they were hiding tech behind it!

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,517 Posts
This is for all Mazdas, not just the 6.

Check out the photo below:

If the car has the Mazda radar cruise control (MRCC), the emblem in the front grill will be similar to the one on the right (covered with a plastic lens/overlay). Mazdas without MRCC has the emblem shown on the left.

And yes, the radar equipment for the MRCC is located within the emblem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
As mentioned front grill emblem, steel wheel buttons are dead giveaways for if equipped or not.

Once you learn how the system operates and understand that it's a driving aid and not auto-pilot you can predict how it will / won't react in given situations and adjust the controls accordingly. As others mention it comes down to preference.

On the hwy in my normal commute I use it in MRCC but operate it more like a typical cruise control, where I frequently adjust / cancel / resume before the car reacts and makes a move I don't want it to. Using it like this allows the convenience of cruise while retaining the added safety of the radar features.

On back roads or side roads I generally use it with an added gap. I find it a stress relief, as the car speeds up and slows adjusting to less consistent drivers while maintaining a safe gap. If they're going too so for my liking I'll just pass when safe to do so.

Since having it I don't think I've once used it in standard mode. It's all in driver's preference.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here are the steering wheel buttons exclusive to MRCC on the most recent wheel design. I'm not sure if you're looking at any older models had a different wheel design. The older wheel design prior to 2017 (I think?) will be a different shape but will have the same car button icon to indicate radar distance adjustment, if equipped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all for your responses. The last picture is a dead giveaway.. Now trying to find it is like needle in a haystack except the haystack isn't very big in the UK... it appears to be very rare here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts