Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of replacing stock tires with new falken tires 215/50ZR/17, and the treadwear is 360 traction A temperature A, my question is will they fit? and are they performance tires?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
well you need to let us know which kind of falken tires you're interested in getting, and we can discuss whether or not they suck. the Azenis ST-115 are excellent all around tires, for instance. additionally, put your location in your profile because you might want to get all season in case you live in that sort of area.

seeing how you're replacing the stock tires with tires of the same exact size, yes, they're going to fit. refer to this sticky about tire sizes. its good information to pass along.

personally though, i'd recommend Kumho Ecsta SPT in 225/45/17. badass tires.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the style is ziex 512, i live in new york yea i need the all season tires

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I have the ZIEX in 215/50/17. Fitment is not be a problem. They are pretty good for all season tires, but don't expect the same grip as summer performance tires. Though, they are light years better than the Michellin OEM tires. I have yet to try them in snow though.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I have the ZIEX in 215/50/17. Fitment is not be a problem. They are pretty good for all season tires, but don't expect the same grip as summer performance tires. Though, they are light years better than the Michellin OEM tires. I have yet to try them in snow though.
[/b]
The Ziex512's are better than the Michelin OEM in the summer and dry but in the snow, they don't fair as well.

I've driven it in two different winters and the Michelin felt more stable and controllable in the snow versus the Ziex's. Probably because of tread design.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The Ziex512's are better than the Michelin OEM in the summer and dry but in the snow, they don't fair as well.

I've driven it in two different winters and the Michelin felt more stable and controllable in the snow versus the Ziex's. Probably because of tread design.
[/b]
Yeah, I was afraid of that but I can't say I didn't expect that. It's just common tire sense that higher performance is inversely proportional to snow performance. Oh well, I work from home when it snows anyways...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
well as an alternative, take a look a Kumho Ecsta ASX as well. its the all season version of the SPT.
[/b]
I have referred several friends to the ASX's for their cars, they love, great tires. I have the SPT's on our 6's and the MX's on the Speed Protege, great tires, resonalbly priced too!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm gonna get the falken tires for now because they come with a set of rims, anybody know how much does the stock rims and tires weigh? the new rims and falkens should be lighter than stocks

·
Registered
64 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts